Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by 04EP3Hatch View Post
    i know, im saying swap up to the A3 crank pulley for more belt coverage, more belt coverage means less slippage with less tension. If he uses the A3 CP and a 4.0" pulley he could easily hit 8.0 8.5psi.
    you need a3 crank pulley and 3.8" pulley to run 8 psi!

got a email back from Moss and was told that they don't have a kit for my swapped motor..., huh??? called around and found out that A3 specific kit should fit with minor modifications... Just wanted to verify with some of you guys with experience in this matter. I think the kit for z3 motor is somewhat larger than that of A3 specific kit? Is it that much bigger than the kit for A3? idk... at any rate, looks like I need to go with A3 specific race kit, but it has 4.0 pulley and they claim that it'd produce 8psi, is it not true?

Quote Originally Posted by cloumep3 View Post
    got a email back from Moss and was told that they don't have a kit for my swapped motor..., huh??? called around and found out that A3 specific kit should fit with minor modifications... Just wanted to verify with some of you guys with experience in this matter. I think the kit for z3 motor is somewhat larger than that of A3 specific kit? Is it that much bigger than the kit for A3? idk... at any rate, looks like I need to go with A3 specific race kit, but it has 4.0 pulley and they claim that it'd produce 8psi, is it not true?
    you need 3.8 in-order to run 8psi.

Quote Originally Posted by speedking604 View Post
    you need 3.8 in-order to run 8psi.
    Thank you for clarification!!!

looks like I'm gonna be going the NA route, since I'm not mechanically savvy and it's my DD, possibility of belt slipping and such is became sort of detering factor... Still not 100% though, just looking around for some cams upgrade options. Thanks for all the inputs!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information