Close

Thread: Headphones

Headphones

Looking for some sound isolating headphones, not for in the car, just for general use. I had a set of Shure SE110's that I really liked but they got left in a cab in Rome so I need to replace them. I am thinking of just replacing them with the new model that Shure has out but thought I would see what the 'hatch's thoughts on headphones were.

I strongly prefer in-ear phones. I despise earbuds though.
    I am willing to spend decent money, but not crazy money. ~$100 - $125 but don't let that limit you especially on the lower end. If I can find really good ones for cheaper I would be thrilled.

I'm a big fan of the Sennheiser earbuds (best bang for the buck) although I currently have a set of AKG earbuds that work almost as well. I'm not a big earbud fan but I need them for under helmet use (usually riding). Sennheiser makes an IE 6 - not buds - that look nice. IE 7's & 8's are in the high-end price range. You can't go wrong with Shures (other than paying a small fortune). I would check out Skullcandy but I think they are changing to over ear phones for some reason. I can vouch for the Skullcandies with subwoofer that are built into my ski helmet. They rock! Westones, Ultimates, and Klipsch also come to mind but if you've already had Shures you've probably already had the best. Let us know if you find any amazing (or just good) deals!
    Last edited by Cheep3; 10-09-2010 at 12:53 PM.

Anyone else?

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/produ...n_US&p_status=

I have really wanted to by a set of these.

I've had Sennheiser closed ear, over ear. For earbuds I've had Denon, Shure and Sony. After my Denons started failing me earlier this week I was almost going to go with Etymonic Research. (Shure is disappointing, overpriced like Bose.) Ended up going with old reliable (Sony).

I picked up a pair of MDR-EX500 and wasn't disappointed. Completely drowns out the outside world. Good bass response in a tiny package and excellent sound quality. They can be found much cheaper on Amazon.

Note: I'm a big fan of earbuds as I hate the fit of regular in-ear. They fall off and I don't want to be listening to outside sound when I'm in the zone.. That being said, Denon and Sennheiser make some good in-ear pairs.

Quote Originally Posted by introvert View Post
    Note: I'm a big fan of earbuds as I hate the fit of regular in-ear. They fall off and I don't want to be listening to outside sound when I'm in the zone.. That being said, Denon and Sennheiser make some good in-ear pairs.
    I have the exact opposite problem. I find that earbuds fall out and are uncomfortable. Just shows to go you that everybody is different.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucid Moments View Post
    I have the exact opposite problem. I find that earbuds fall out and are uncomfortable. Just shows to go you that everybody is different.
    Out of curiosity, have you tried all the different sizes of bud fittings? Silicone and foam?

Thread Information