Close

Any Corsports Forum Members?

They haven't approved my forum membership (its been a week!), and I need the installation instructions for the shifter bushings:
    http://www.corsportusa.com/store/cat...oducts_id=2552

If somebody could PM this to me, it would be great! Or, if its a PDF or something, I'll PM you my email.

Thanks ilu ilu

have you checked the DIY section?

that may have the answers you are looking for. :-)
    EPHATCH.COM 4 LYFE!! OFF THA CHAIN KREW #1

udontknowjack's mom was here....twice!

UPDATED SITE INFO!

Want to become a Site Sponsor? Click Here!

PM for HELP!!

Shifter bushing? I just jammed some scott towel/kleenex/toilet paper in this so the bushing doesn't fall down when I put then in and it was really easy. As for removing the old one just pull the metal thing in the middle first with some long nose then twist the rubber out with the same long nose.

Thanks for the thread guys, I was pretty sure I would have been able to figure out the shifter bushings on my own, the main thing I'm clueless about is the under the hood bushings, the ones that go at the end of the shift cables... thats what I need help with, and I couldn't find a DIY for it.

Shifter cable bushing are kind of a PITA, but not really that difficult. If you're running the stock airbox, that will have to come out. The bushings sit underneath the front end of it.
    Then, you just pull the cotter pins holding the cables on, pop out the old bushings, and fit the new ones. Hook everything back up, re-install the airbox, and call it a day.

The only real "trouble" areas are getting the new poly bushings on to the shift assembly: lots of lube, lots of patience, and maybe a few light taps from a rubber mallet for motivation. It's a tight fit, but they'll go!
    Also, I'm pretty sure that the bushings are two different sizes, so it should be obvious which one goes where. (IIRC, been a couple of years since I did this)

If you ordered the bushings from corsport it should come with instructions. It's very simple and not nearly as hard as the shifter bushings. All it is is taking out 2 cotter pins and switching out the bushings.
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/27353457/S...stall-Guide-V1
    check that out. It's not for the EP3 but it's pretty much the same concept.

Quote Originally Posted by BeaterEP View Post
    Shifter cable bushing are kind of a PITA, but not really that difficult. If you're running the stock airbox, that will have to come out. The bushings sit underneath the front end of it.
    Then, you just pull the cotter pins holding the cables on, pop out the old bushings, and fit the new ones. Hook everything back up, re-install the airbox, and call it a day.

The only real "trouble" areas are getting the new poly bushings on to the shift assembly: lots of lube, lots of patience, and maybe a few light taps from a rubber mallet for motivation. It's a tight fit, but they'll go!
    Also, I'm pretty sure that the bushings are two different sizes, so it should be obvious which one goes where. (IIRC, been a couple of years since I did this)
    Thanks guys!
    Very confident I can do this on my own now.

This why I love EPhatch :D

Quote Originally Posted by BeaterEP View Post
    Hmm there is a way to put them in like butter... No need to lube, patience or tap, don't scary him like that :P If I remember the trick is to put them in before attaching the cable to it... or something like been a long time since I did this too hehe. The real PITA of these bushing are removing the old rubber one but with a sharp Olfa knife it's easier and "funnier" too :P

Thread Information