Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Yes 7-8 psi no cooling necessary, Good tune and you will be fine.

Moderator=>PM 4 Help MugenReplica's Avatar
    Theory suggests, that it IS POSSIBLE, but probably not worth the cash.

If you want to hit it, this is a the only feasible theory I can come up with.....

1) RSX JRSC, with an autotensioner.
    2) Erik Loza or Jmercado Aftercooler.
    3) K20z1 or K20z3 VTEC cams in your K20a3 head (you WILL need supporting mods for this).
    4) Meth injection.
    5) The 2.6" JRSC pulley with a K20a2 crank pulley jacking boost to 15psi.
    6) Then if there is doubt for 300whp, buy Jmercado's 1600AX twin screw conversion and pray on your first dyno pull. Because there won't be a second.

It's completely uncharted territory. No matter what anybody says on here, it IS POSSIBLE with the correct supporting mods. It's just going to cost you cash to keep one upping it if you don't make it on your initial dyno pull. Listen to superchargedk20 in most aspects. He's done most of the things you can do with Skunk2 cams and meth injection and managed to reach 255whp. That put him at 1st for the JRSC K20a3 JRSC whp list. 2nd was Oogy Boogy at 244whp and Jerseyjew with 235whp at 3rd. Just a little Ephatch history if that helps you out.

I'm looking to be #1 lol. I have the RSX kit and I already have the aftercooler core just need to purchase the pump and heat exchanger. I'm also trying this with the vtec killers so far I like it. Just need a better header then I will hit a dyno here.

ok well hey ty everyone i guess ima go the safer route and get the k20a2 swap=] i learned sum difference about the motors on this link ----->http://www.hondata.com/techk20general.html

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MugenReplica View Post

If you want to hit it, this is a the only feasible theory I can come up with.....

3) K20z1 or K20z3 VTEC cams in your K20a3 head (you WILL need supporting mods for this).
    4) Meth injection.
    6) Then if there is doubt for 300whp, buy Jmercado's 1600AX twin screw conversion and pray on your first dyno pull. Because there won't be a second.

It's completely uncharted territory. No matter what anybody says on here, it IS POSSIBLE with the correct supporting mods. It's just going to cost you cash to keep one upping it if you don't make it on your initial dyno pull. Listen to superchargedk20 in most aspects. He's done most of the things you can do with Skunk2 cams and meth injection and managed to reach 255whp. That put him at 1st for the JRSC K20a3 JRSC whp list. 2nd was Oogy Boogy at 244whp and Jerseyjew with 235whp at 3rd. Just a little Ephatch history if that helps you out.
    I had the crower stage 2 cams which in respect i think is compared to skunk2 stage 1's. Goin with a more aggressive cam might net more but ur gona need a good tuner as well. Regardless aggressive cam or no cam still not reachin 300 on the a3. Plus i reved my a3 to 8700 rpm's to reach those number. But it lasted just fine, never had issues. The boost bug just kept biting and after a couple years with a a3 JRSC i just knew it wasnt worth it.

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eroxer310 View Post
    ok well hey ty everyone i guess ima go the safer route and get the k20a2 swap=] i learned sum difference about the motors on this link ----->http://www.hondata.com/techk20general.html
    if ur goal is 300 u can do it on the a3 just turbo instead. Mini-oddessy hit 301whp i beleive on a revhard kit with a 3in exhaust. Its all on the tune. Wana be more reliable and 300 is really ur only goal why not just get a k24a1 and turbo? You will destroy 300 on 12 psi on that . Plus ur tq numbers will be in the 300's as well. And Itll be cheaper than a A2

So the k24a1 is beter than the k20a2, what the hp and tq difference , well um I kinda don't wanna go because IMO its played out, everyone is always doing it and by superhargin ill feel unique :)

So the k24a1 is beter than the k20a2, what the hp and tq difference , well um I kinda don't wanna go because IMO its played out, everyone is always doing it and by superhargin ill feel unique :)
    k24a1 160HP/160TQ but can handle boost a lot better than the k20a3 ever could.
    and the k20a2 is obviously the rsx type s. Higher revving engine.
    Just depends on what your definition of better is

Quote Originally Posted by MugenReplica View Post

4) Meth injection.

i made 241 :) but no, to the OP. 300hp is a high mark, i dont think you can hit 300, but i think you can hit a nice number. I made 241 on the 3.8 stock a3, stock cams, no meth, nothin. I would say if you want to stay A3, do the iVtec killer build with a ITR intake cam and a 06-07 k24a2 TSX exhaust cam, massage and port the JRSC manifold for the ep3, have the inlet ported and the throttle body bored to match, a GOOD three inch intake (will have to be custom fabbed, the aem and injen one's IMO are junk, the incoming air makes a direct 90 degree angle before entering the throttle body, not good for flow, If anything mock up the old style injen that wraps around the battery, thats what i will be doing), As far as a header goes, the kiddracing is the shit, enough said. I think it's the reason i made 241. and either a 2.75 or 3" exhaust. I would keep the A3 crank pulley and run say a 3.7 with some methanol, or e85. or both. you can make your car fast with the JRSC, just takes a little more time and thought than just slapping a turbo on

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck Civic View Post
    I'm looking to be #1 lol. I have the RSX kit and I already have the aftercooler core just need to purchase the pump and heat exchanger. I'm also trying this with the vtec killers so far I like it. Just need a better header then I will hit a dyno here.
    oh i didnt even see this im sorry, with the aftercooler and the rsx jrsc its definately possible to hit a high number. just choose the right cams for the vtec killer, the setup i stated would work perfectly, and with the after cooler you wouldnt need methanol, but e85 would be the bee's knee's

Hey ephatch so im thinking of supercharging my k20a3 with a "jrsc",i wanna hit 300hp at the wheels,
    my question is what can i do to get my motor to do that from head work to the block and trans,

and please dont answer saying, "dont build the k20a3, just get a k20a2, or a k24 swap"

i love my a3 =]]] and wanna build it. But yes
    please help wanna hit 300hp =]]
    300whp on a k20a3 is scary thin line between safe and blown motor, we have had many members going that route in trying to reach just 300hp on jrsc. The closest i got with out the right supporting mods (ie: bigger exhaust, better racing headers) was 270whp on the rotrex kit. If your set on using the k20a3 (which i dont recommend), get a rotrex kit at least c30-94 and get custom rh and exhaust you might be able to to obtain the 300whp mark on a supcharger, or go old jrsc and use a cooling method ie: RSX aftercooler kit, or add nos.

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck Civic View Post
    Just curious, you haven't run into any issues with boost blowing through the head because of valve timing overlap? I was reading that Skunk2 doesn't recommend some of their cams with boost because the lift duration causes this problem.
    Was searching if anybody had run a supercharger with the killers and what numbers they recieved.

with the money ur gonna put to hit 300whp with a jrsc on a a3 ur better off swapping or going turbo. ditch the a3 or jrsc n jus go turbo or swap

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information