Close

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nmrwr85 View Post
    Most modern engines are broken in from the factory, but heres something pulled straight out of the owners manual. "Help assure your vehicle’s future
    reliability and performance by paying
    extra attention to how you drive
    during the first 600 miles (1,000 km).
    Avoid full-throttle starts and rapid
    acceleration.
    Avoid hard braking for the first
    200 miles (300 km).
    Do not change the oil until the
    scheduled maintenance time.
    You should follow these same
    recommendations with an
    overhauled or exchanged engine, or
    when the brakes are relined"

You shouldnt need a walbro at this time, but it would ensure you dont have fueling problems.
    If you can get the compressor maps, i can give you the math to read them...its a lot easier than it seems, and that way you get the perfect turbo.
    Wow it doesn't take long to break in at all. I read it takes about the same for an upgraded clutch to break in. but this is all for a stock engine, should it still apply with a turbo installed? And don't i need to dyno tune it, wait kpro should have a base map i can use while i break it in right?

...getting the perferct turbo huh, i like the sound of that.

Quote Originally Posted by sleepy ep3 View Post
    Shouldnt need the RSX ecu if he gets Hondata and the Hybrid Racing speedo converter. I would recommend Precision turbo over Turbonetics ANY DAY. And prettu much once you cross the 250-260 HP mark, you WILL need a walbro. I would go with cams and valve springs over a port and polish job as well.
    When I talked to a rep from Hondata an he told me it would be best to go with the Type S ECU. I already have it.
    It's i brand new engine, why would i swap out the cams an valve springs? i dont have a hook up on that.
    What is/does the hybrid racing speedo converter? (do)

Check out this turbo kit i found. I know the bidding has ended, but I've been emailing the seller.
    What do you guys think. I like it a lot. Worth $700?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

Quote Originally Posted by spartan View Post
    Wow it doesn't take long to break in at all. I read it takes about the same for an upgraded clutch to break in. but this is all for a stock engine, should it still apply with a turbo installed? And don't i need to dyno tune it, wait kpro should have a base map i can use while i break it in right?

...getting the perferct turbo huh, i like the sound of that.
    I just put a new clutch in my car, competition stage 4 and light weight flywheel, and it says to break in the clutch for 500 miles, so thats what im in the process of doing. Im not sure what the difference would be with a turbo, because you're gonna wanna drive it easy anyways and make sure all your new pieces were put on right without leaks or problems. When i got my kpro, i got it from the local tuner, and he put a base tune on it for me. He had to know the map sensor i was using, and i think he asked injector size.

Check out this turbo kit i found. I know the bidding has ended, but I've been emailing the seller.
    What do you guys think. I like it a lot. Worth $700?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT
    I would say the turbo is worth it along with a few other pieces but you're gonna need a new turbine and compressor housing, and i personally wouldnt run a used turbo unless a had a place that rebuilds them, take a look at it. The housings will run about 100 a piece and if it needs to be rebuilt, thats about 200 . The intercooler looks rough....Im not sure i would pick it up or not. Anyone else wanna chime in on this one?

Well he's parting out the kit now on clubrsx
    here's the link.
    http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=730684

Now im not so sure, what do you think

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    I would never touch used turbo parts ever. Do it right and get new parts. There was a horror story on here not to long ago about someone who got screwed on a greddy kit from a member on here. If ur goin the ebay way i would talk to Gtimportfanatic, he has had success running a EMUSA turbo kit he got from ebay

Quote Originally Posted by superchargedk20 View Post
    I would never touch used turbo parts ever. Do it right and get new parts. There was a horror story on here not to long ago about someone who got screwed on a greddy kit from a member on here. If ur goin the ebay way i would talk to Gtimportfanatic, he has had success running a EMUSA turbo kit he got from ebay
    There you have it...dont buy used turbo parts.
    Thats basically what most of my parts consist of, is the EMUSA parts sold on ebay. I have the intercooler kit, the down pipe, and the manifold and couldnt be happier with it for what very little i paid for it.
    All the parts that really matter though, i bought legit stuff, so with some good google skills, along with ebay, I put together my own kit with extras, such as my water/meth, exhaust, fuel rail, and other items for what you could buy a decent kit for, and ended up with parts i wanted...so do your research.

Quote Originally Posted by superchargedk20 View Post
    haha dude that was me.
    thanks for the advice.

There you have it...dont buy used turbo parts.
    Thats basically what most of my parts consist of, is the EMUSA parts sold on ebay. I have the intercooler kit, the down pipe, and the manifold and couldnt be happier with it for what very little i paid for it.
    All the parts that really matter though, i bought legit stuff, so with some good google skills, along with ebay, I put together my own kit with extras, such as my water/meth, exhaust, fuel rail, and other items for what you could buy a decent kit for, and ended up with parts i wanted...so do your research.
    you know fuck it. i think thats what ill do. but what do i do with the extra parts?

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    haha dude that was me.
    thanks for the advice.
    haha really? Man i hope it worked out in the end for u on that

you know fuck it. i think thats what ill do. but what do i do with the extra parts?

Put the extra parts up for sale and make some money back. Put it up on craigslist locally so you dont have to deal with shipping.

vroom PSH vroom vroom PSH vrooooooooooooooom BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH PSH

One cool duck, with a hat Heitzke's Avatar
    I would say the turbo is worth it along with a few other pieces but you're gonna need a new turbine and compressor housing, and i personally wouldnt run a used turbo unless a had a place that rebuilds them, take a look at it. The housings will run about 100 a piece and if it needs to be rebuilt, thats about 200 . The intercooler looks rough....Im not sure i would pick it up or not. Anyone else wanna chime in on this one?
    What? Why would he need a new turbine and compressor housing?

I also don't see a problem with utilizing used turbo parts. I'd be inclined to buy a new wastegate and oil lines, but besides that, what's the point?

vrooom vrooom psh, vrooooom psh.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information