Close

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Heitzke View Post
    What? Why would he need a new turbine and compressor housing?

I also don't see a problem with utilizing used turbo parts. I'd be inclined to buy a new wastegate and oil lines, but besides that, what's the point?
    Why a new turbine and compressor housing? Did you miss what size they were??!! 50 compressor, 48 turbine. And why would you need new oil lines/. thats one of the few things that are kind of hard to mess up...

Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    vrooom vrooom psh, vrooooom psh.
    Hahahaha!! i was kinda hoping everyone would reply to my thread starting with that.

So that Turbonetics/God Speed kit link i first put up is still my best bet?
    Should i go with an even cheaper one on ebay, then replace the parts?
    which would you recommend?

One cool duck, with a hat Heitzke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nmrwr85 View Post
    Why a new turbine and compressor housing? Did you miss what size they were??!! 50 compressor, 48 turbine. And why would you need new oil lines/. thats one of the few things that are kind of hard to mess up...
    Did I miss the sizes? No. It's just a small turbo. Oil lines are pretty vital parts, and also pretty cheap assurance IMO. It's like an exhaust gasket, sure you can reuse them, but it's probably a good idea to change them from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by spartan View Post
    So that Turbonetics/God Speed kit link i first put up is still my best bet?
    Should i go with an even cheaper one on ebay, then replace the parts?
    which would you recommend?
    You could pick up the EMUSA kit for $680, and get rid of a few parts for better ones, like the wastegate, return line, t-bolt clamps etc. and see how long the turbo lasts or sell it and buy a better one, Or you could buy the pieces individually, like the intercooler for $200, down pipe for $135, manifold/turbo combo(precision turbo with emusa manifold) for $690 and then buy all the small pieces. Either way, i would forget about the ebay kit you first pulled up.
    Its the same exact kit as the EMUSA kit, but twice as much. So you could spend $680 plus $550 for a precision turbo =$1230, or buy the same kit for $1600 with a turbonetics turbo. i dont think the turbonetics is worth $1000. Hope that helps...Im not saying go with the EMUSA kit, but it has the same parts you've been looking at in other kits, but for slightly less cash out of your pocket.
    Theres a million ways you could go, you just have to see which way your wallet will let you go.

Quote Originally Posted by Heitzke View Post
    Did I miss the sizes? No. It's just a small turbo. Oil lines are pretty vital parts, and also pretty cheap assurance IMO. It's like an exhaust gasket, sure you can reuse them, but it's probably a good idea to change them from time to time.
    Looks like I have my go to guy when I finally get turbo'd in 8-14 years.

Quote Originally Posted by superchargedk20 View Post
    haha really? Man i hope it worked out in the end for u on that
    Nope, i got ass'd out $800+
    they only time out of over 100 purchases i got screwed on ebay.

One cool duck, with a hat Heitzke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nmrwr85 View Post
    Theres a million ways you could go, you just have to see which way your wallet will let you go.
    +1 right there. I'm also glad to see that someone else has a good outlook on the basic eBay components.

Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    Looks like I have my go to guy when I finally get turbo'd in 8-14 years.
    Haha, we'll see how it goes whenever I finally go turbo myself. I need to stop buying/reselling turbo parts.

I was also thinking of goin with a Haltech or AIM digital dash. I hate running wires for pod gauges an they attracts a lot of attention.
    Thieves, cops, looky loo's. In SD someones always trying to steal your shit.
    But those damn digital dashs cost over $1200!! worth it? haha

I just lowered the price on a bunch of my turbo stuff. You should take a look if you want to go turbo with good parts for cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by sleepy ep3 View Post
    I just lowered the price on a bunch of my turbo stuff. You should take a look if you want to go turbo with good parts for cheap.
    hey thanks dude, pm sent.

Last edited by SiiK20; 10-27-2008 at 09:52 PM.

Registered User gtimportfanatic's Avatar
    yeah thats the one right there.. sorry dude i got ur message kinda late.. but this is the same one that im running and like i said.. its been about 11k miles now .. not a hiccup at all.. mostly because of my Tune.. but i mean the turbo still spools good.. altho i wanna replace it soon for something bigger.. the car feels normal again lol.. the only thing is that ur gonna have to have a dumptube made and u have to get bigger injectors obv

Quote Originally Posted by spartan View Post
    Thats the one...

Quote Originally Posted by gtimportfanatic View Post
    yeah thats the one right there.. sorry dude i got ur message kinda late.. but this is the same one that im running and like i said.. its been about 11k miles now .. not a hiccup at all.. mostly because of my Tune.. but i mean the turbo still spools good.. altho i wanna replace it soon for something bigger.. the car feels normal again lol.. the only thing is that ur gonna have to have a dumptube made and u have to get bigger injectors obv
    Dumpt tube, bigger injectors, and either a plug for the secondary O2, or an extension. I had bad luck with the t-bolt clamps and some of the couplers also.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information