Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gtimportfanatic View Post
    i love the niggradom lol

haha "WORD SON"

hondata 4bar sensor is about 100 bux it and the map sensor reads "Manifold Absolute Pressure" .. simply put it montors the flow of air coming into the manifold
    yup yup that sounds about right.

Is the Hondata map Compatable with K-pro

You've got a lot of research to do...and I hate when people in forums tell someone to search for something because the point of the forum is to help others out and share info...but sometimes its needed.
    Read some of the other turbo build lists, sit back and search, and search, and search, then come back and ask questions. Plus, by the time you're pretty close to being done with research, you'll have saved some money for the parts you'll need.
    Anyone else feel this way, or am I an

now i understand that most simple questions should be searched. and ive done ALOT of reading on turbos since ive started this thread. i have never done any work on my car till i put my exhaust on.... so im a total newb to this stuff. you spent all that time to type that out.... wouldnt have been easier just to type yes or no? your post helped no1... i appreciate u takin the time to read this to see if you could help. but theres no reason to be a doucher because i know nothing about cars.

Quote Originally Posted by 03NorVa View Post
    now i understand that most simple questions should be searched. and ive done ALOT of reading on turbos since ive started this thread. i have never done any work on my car till i put my exhaust on.... so im a total newb to this stuff. you spent all that time to type that out.... wouldnt have been easier just to type yes or no? your post helped no1... i appreciate u takin the time to read this to see if you could help. but theres no reason to be a doucher because i know nothing about cars.
    You've done a lot of reading on turbos since you started this thread...so about a week or 2 of research...thats it? Really?!
    I did 8 months of research before i started posting on here, and thats why the "doucher" in me is coming out. If you had done even a little bit of searching, you would know the hondata map sensor is made by the same company as Kpro....HONDATA, and if you go on their website, you can learn some info about both parts.
    Its good you wanna work on your car, thats what i went to school for, because its what i liked doing so much, but on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the hardest, installing an exhaust is probably somewhere around a 3, and a turbo being closer to the 7-10 range depending on your skill level, so sit back and read the forum...Everything is in here, it really is. It may take 8 months to find everything, but its all here.
    Good luck with everything, and once there are some technical questions, i'll be one of the first to chime in.

Quote Originally Posted by nmrwr85 View Post
    You've done a lot of reading on turbos since you started this thread...so about a week or 2 of research...thats it? Really?!
    I did 8 months of research before i started posting on here, and thats why the "doucher" in me is coming out. If you had done even a little bit of searching, you would know the hondata map sensor is made by the same company as Kpro....HONDATA, and if you go on their website, you can learn some info about both parts.
    Its good you wanna work on your car, thats what i went to school for, because its what i liked doing so much, but on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the hardest, installing an exhaust is probably somewhere around a 3, and a turbo being closer to the 7-10 range depending on your skill level, so sit back and read the forum...Everything is in here, it really is. It may take 8 months to find everything, but its all here.
    Good luck with everything, and once there are some technical questions, i'll be one of the first to chime in.
    word!!!!

yeah i know that installing a turbo is 100x harder than exhaust. im going to have someone else install it for me because i know that it will either end up bad, or take me like 4 years to install lol. im just basically trying to find out exactly what i need to have done so they dont shaft me hard core. thanks for the info you did give tho
    Last edited by talonXracer; 10-28-2008 at 06:01 AM.

Registered User gtimportfanatic's Avatar
    if you get a good enough kit.. the hardest part is tapping ur oilpan.. lol

if you get a good enough kit.. the hardest part is tapping ur oilpan.. lol

Taking the oil pan off, and getting my turbo in there were the hardest. Luckily i have access to a lift so i could lower the subframe for the oil pan easily, but the turbo, i had to pull apart into three pieces to get it in. It wouldnt go in through the bottom, or through the top without the valve cover on without being in three pieces.

really..def not thru the bottom.. if the valvecover is off.. then its cake.. but i put it thru the driver side.. with enough fandangling u can get it to come by very smoothly

really..def not thru the bottom.. if the valvecover is off.. then its cake.. but i put it thru the driver side.. with enough fandangling u can get it to come by very smoothly
    I had the valve cover off, and still no luck. Did you re-locate any of the lines or hoses that run behind the turbo?
    I had the upper part of the down pipe on the turbine housing because the holes in the flange werent completely lining up with the bolt holes on the turbine so it wasnt easy bolting up off the car, so i figured it would really suck on the car. I would have drilled out the holes, but didnt have a drill at the time.

I had the valve cover off, and still no luck. Did you re-locate any of the lines or hoses that run behind the turbo?
    I had the upper part of the down pipe on the turbine housing because the holes in the flange werent completely lining up with the bolt holes on the turbine so it wasnt easy bolting up off the car, so i figured it would really suck on the car. I would have drilled out the holes, but didnt have a drill at the time.
    i got studs for the DP.. it made it soooooo much better.. i had the same issue at first.. broke one of the screws into the housing.. got a new housing from another turbo i had laying around and used studs... shit works fuckin mint... i need a special short 12 tho for the bottom bolt of the dp.. i also have my compressor clocked upwards and i had my friend mig the IC pipes slightly different to illiminate one coupler and also im using a turboXS RFL so i had to integrate that too

here are pics

and this is my dumptube

currently

I didnt even think of using studs...That would've made it a lot easier.
    When it was first done

And now with my catch can and powder coated valve cover

That's cool you went to a technical school or some other school to learn automotive...I've had plenty of friends that have gone...some even say they didn't learn a thing..8 months? That's crazy long yo!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information