Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    id be in with a reasonable price

im pushing back the mold making till following week. I just got me a job interview on thursday... gonna be preparing to impress. So, this will be pushed back a few days

small update guys: just wanted to show that I didn't give up on project. I ran out of modeling clay so I have to go pick up some more. I waxed down the part and I'm starting to build walls around the part so I don't have any undercuts and it will also make the part stay solid in its natural position

here are some pics of the process

As you can see... i have bout another hour or so of getting the clay all around and perfect... but slow and steady is how I like to roll. HOpe people are still interested

It looks like shit so far. just kidding i have no idea what the process involves. but i'm interested if the product is good and doesnt cost 75$. hope you get it done soon.

Quote Originally Posted by ttttrigg3r View Post
    It looks like shit so far. just kidding i have no idea what the process involves. but i'm interested if the product is good and doesnt cost 75$. hope you get it done soon.
    its cool man. I need to fasten down each side to keep it from raising. I thought the clay would hold enough. ALso, I am doing what is called a transition mold. Im gonna make a mold.. pull a copy and that will be my new master part. I want to sand my master part till bout 1000grit and I am not gonna do that to my stock parts.

A pair of just black plastic like OEM will be cheaper than 75bux, however I can't accurately judge a CF or kevlar piece till I see what my overhead is.

$75 doesnt seam like a lot to me..maybe its just me though.. this would be one of those ideal mods to spice up your engine bay into a more high performance look.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information