Close

"BRAKE" and "ABS" light on the dash

well when I start my car up the lights are not on..its when I start driving awhile and then both lights comes on..i dont know what wrong..i check the fluid and its all good..any suggestions?..
    Last edited by FoReVaPmP; 10-27-2008 at 06:49 PM. Reason: text didnt appear

Sounds like you need someone to look at the ABS system. scan tool required I believe, unless the back door trick works with ABS codes also..

BTW when the ABS light is on the ABS does NOT work. Just FYI..
    Last edited by Tougeep3; 08-02-2010 at 06:56 PM.

need to get the codes read

Check the sensors. Make sure they are tight and in there. If they are and everything seems normal then go get it scanned.

-Rob

ok ill look at the sensors..thanks..

go to a honda dealer and have them read the codes, i know it sucks but it will be about $50...its not the obd port and autoparts stores dont have the reader...ive been driving with an abs light for 2 years now because i dont want to spend the money to find out which of my 4 abs sensors dont work...and i know its 1-4 of the sensors that arent working...i just dont care that much to make my abs work...
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

Keep in mind that Red's approach is probably not the wisest for the average driver...

Quote Originally Posted by RedSiBaron View Post
    go to a honda dealer and have them read the codes, i know it sucks but it will be about $50...its not the obd port and autoparts stores dont have the reader...ive been driving with an abs light for 2 years now because i dont want to spend the money to find out which of my 4 abs sensors dont work...and i know its 1-4 of the sensors that arent working...i just dont care that much to make my abs work...
    i have qouted you before on this, it is the OBD2 port you use to read abs codes. I worked at firestone and there reader was through the OBD2 port and so was the Honda dealer i worked at...there are no other ports that you can plug in
    Last edited by RHCP0801; 08-04-2010 at 10:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSiBaron View Post
    Got a DMM? Unplug the sensor, set your meter on A/C volts, attach meter to sensor, spin the wheel. If the voltage changes that sensor is ok, go to the next one...

ill just try the dealer..

If lights come on you have a code stored...try resetting the ABS light. It could also be a bad cable reel.

how do i reset it?

go to honda-tech.com and there is a link in their FAQ/DIY section...same procedure for our cars.

Thread Information