Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Don't think too hard 2004ep3hatch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hondaguy92129 View Post
    He lives in Cali hes going to get destroyed by cops. I'm using 4500k HID's right now in my regular housing until I can save up for a retro and I have been pulled over a few times for having excessively bright lights.
    I like that, excessivley bright lights. They really need a riot or somthing to get them of your back. If your lights are properly aimed and whatnot it should not matter.
    Supercharged K24 Frank powered
    PM a Moderator for assistance anytime

could be like me acouple years ago.

EDM Headlamps with EDM adjustments with HID's

Quote Originally Posted by 2004ep3hatch View Post
    I like that, excessivley bright lights. They really need a riot or somthing to get them of your back. If your lights are properly aimed and whatnot it should not matter.
    Yeah it's BS but what can I do ya know? The ticket is based on what the officer sees as "excessive" In all fairness they are pretty bright. Maybe I was on a slight incline and they were shining right into his eyes or something.
    Last edited by GOONIE_STATUS; 10-28-2008 at 04:13 PM.

I live in CA and Have had HID's in my EP3 Since I bought it new in august of 2003. I put them in the first weekend I had my car. I had 8k, after a few years I changed to 6k with the hi/lo beam feature. H3 bulbs. I have not been pulled over for bright headlights and its been 7 years with HID's. I like my 6k its a perfect white color.

Don't get 10k, You will think you are in the fog all the time and wont see very well.

yeah that is true man lol i have 5k and if you are at the right angle those are even super bright lol but want to upgrade to 6k sometime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Payback424 View Post
    wuts up EPHatch people... just had a question... i just recently bought some 8k HID's for my girls Altima to see how they look before i get some for my EP.. they look nice and all but i kinda wanted more blue int hem... so i want to get 10K but not sure if they are street legal... does anyone know? thanks
    hahahaha! sacrificing your girl with poor lighting. LOL. trying to get rid of her in a subtle way? you do realize that the higher the number, the less light you're putting on the road?

"blue-ish" lighting is soooo a couple of years ago and soooo ricey.

^ +1 to that. Why pay money for something that may even put out less light than stock?

WELL.... the hid's i put in my girls car are WAY brighter than the stock lights it had plus i paid just as much for the hid kit as i would have for new light bulbs...... and so what if the blu-ish lights were so a couple years ago i just got my ep3 so those couple years ago dont count for me bro...but to each his own right,,,ill try the 8k's if i dont like them then ill drop lower, i was just simply asking about the 10ks and peoples thoughts didnt need a history lesson on the lights

Whiter/bluer light doesn't equal brighter. It only seems like it.

same. I'm putting my 5000k in my moms crv

surprized no one brought up plastic melting 55W HIDs during this lighting lesson.

My .02 is no higher than 6K if you need the color.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information