Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Myspacep3 View Post
    Go down to your local muffler shop and have them make you a custom set up. Heres is what i have on my EP3 and recommend to you:

From the cat back:

Mandrel bent 2.5 inch SS midpipe > Magnaflow resonator> 3 inch Magnaflow tip for OEM appearance.
    For a point of reference how much did that cost you?? Also is it SS or Aluminized piping.. Neat idea BTW.

if u want a nice clean, non ricey sound, i would go with spoon or apexi. the spoon exhaust with a full spoon header system sounds AMAZING. yeah its pretty expensive but i think someone on here is selling it. also if u find a neuspeed exhaust for sale and its in pretty good condition i would jump on that cuz its also one of the best but it got discontinued a while ago.

Quote Originally Posted by talonXracer View Post
    All those fart can exhausts are far too loud, attracts the man like a kid to candy. A loop exhaust is the only way to go.
    i saw these awhile back. who makes a decent quality one? I know greddy makes them but don't know if theres an app for our car?

Imo almost all exhaust are pretty much the same. You can only make the exhaust come out so smooth. a big exhaust is irrelevant unless you have inder the hood goods to push the exhaust out. If you just slap a full exhaust on you'll lose some back pressure. You can go race header and exhaust if your state doesn't require inspections every year like pa does. or just get a nice axle back if you want noise.

Quote Originally Posted by Tougeep3 View Post
    For a point of reference how much did that cost you?? Also is it SS or Aluminized piping.. Neat idea BTW.
    Thanks.

Parts: SS mandrel bent midpipe, Magnaflow resonator, Magnaflow SS tip, hangers, etc.
    Labor: Emmanuel did the work on my car from Emmanuel's Muffler in Alameda.

*BTW with this set up there is no heavy axleback/muffler to hang off the back/scrape speedbumps & driveways.
    Lightweight, ultra non-restrictive, basically a Buddy Club Spec II style set up. Straight pipe baby.
    Last edited by DRP967; 08-09-2010 at 06:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by POOPTOOTH View Post
    I don't know about 'bang for your buck' but I absolutely LOVE my Greddy SE, nice and quiet, even with a race header. And its pretty easy on the eyes too!

That is the exact exhaust I have on my '05 VBP, and with stock airbox/cat/header, it sounds nearly stock when idling, gives you a nice "Brrrruuuummm" upon startup, and is very low-tone. Plus, the tip looks sick on the back of our cars! I love this exhaust, I even had one on my gsr ej8 sedan, and it sounded perfect!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information