Close

ephatch member

Re-attach side mirror glass?

My drivers side mirror has been shaky for a while, after a closer look I found that the mirror glass is just loose. I pulled the glass piece off, and it looks like the coating on the glass let loose from the glass. The actual adhesive on the mirror (on the car) is still present below a coating layer of sorts. How do I best fix this? The white stuff in the photo is adhesive that didn't take material from the mirror with it, the gray is the material that was SUPPOSED to be part of the mirror itself.

Guessing I'll need to clean the old tape/glue stuff off and re-apply, but what should I use?

How about 3M double-sided tape?

its actually easier to replace the glass and the support. honda sells the replacement for like 20 bucks. some little kid knocked my glass completely out

Its a pain if you can afford it just get the mirror glass from honda. It comes with the plastic and you just angle it up and yank the old one out. Ive been through 4 sets :( I would put the whole thing in hot water and seperated it. But it kinda warps the plastic after you do it often so I just bought the new one.

epoxy

Gorilla glue?

ephatch member
    Quote Originally Posted by RHDmeatwagon View Post
    Its a pain if you can afford it just get the mirror glass from honda. It comes with the plastic and you just angle it up and yank the old one out. Ive been through 4 sets :( I would put the whole thing in hot water and seperated it. But it kinda warps the plastic after you do it often so I just bought the new one.
    You talking about #2 and #7 in this link?
    http://www.bkhondaparts.com/billkay/...o=|001|002|007

yeah, well the driver side only. Just call the dealer it really wasnt much at all. Came with the glass and the plastic backing already attached. I'll look for the reciept.

Thread Information