Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Skunk 2 is one of the best coilovers out there for Hondas and Acuras. That is what they tend to specialize in.

Chuck

Anyone heard anything about shocks yet?

cant u use ur stock shocks

Originally posted by WHT02CIVICSI
    cant u use ur stock shocks
    Of course you can...I have Neuspeed Race springs on stock shocks. But they drive like shit and they're killing the stock shocks.

Neuspeed race isnt that good of a spring. Its not your shocks that are a problem. I got sprint on mine and a bunch of my customers have given rave reviews on the eibach saying its a great ride. Never go for the cheapest cause they are not necessarily the best for you and your car. Yes you can use your stock shocks with any of the coilovers or springs. Stock shocks are good enough for now until Tokico releases theirs. Koni adjustables are the only ones made right now for the 03 SI. $145.00 for each front and $135.00 for each rear, shipping included. Everyone just ask for Chuck when calling and I'll take care of you guys. Thanks

Chuck
    Showstoppers USA

If some conpany comes out with a better quality spring that drops as much as the race springs, do let us know. Until then I'll stay away from sport ute land. ;)

-What kind of prices can you get on Tein coilovers, showstoppers?

Every so often, ebay has neuspeed springs for 129 :)

Originally posted by ShowstoppersUSA
    Neuspeed race isnt that good of a spring. Its not your shocks that are a problem. I got sprint on mine and a bunch of my customers have given rave reviews on the eibach saying its a great ride. Never go for the cheapest cause they are not necessarily the best for you and your car. Yes you can use your stock shocks with any of the coilovers or springs. Stock shocks are good enough for now until Tokico releases theirs. Koni adjustables are the only ones made right now for the 03 SI. $145.00 for each front and $135.00 for each rear, shipping included. Everyone just ask for Chuck when calling and I'll take care of you guys. Thanks

Chuck
    Showstoppers USA
    And what is wrong with Neuspeed?

Neuspeed is great on the cross bar but not that good on springs. Compared to an eibach or sprint they are bouncy. Thats the way I see it because I've ridden in different SI's with all three of those springs. But again thats just my opinion.

oh ic there braces are good but there springs sux. I got it. :)

what about the ground control coil overs. are they any good and do you have them in stock?

I got the ground controls in stock. They are the best stand alone coilovers out for the EP. Eibach is the manufacturer for the spring of the coilover set. It's $325.00 shipped if you are interested. Call me up at the shop if you are interested. Thanks

Chuck
    Showstoppers USA
    (818) 243-0954

ssvr6
    Originally posted by ShowstoppersUSA
    Neuspeed is great on the cross bar but not that good on springs. Compared to an eibach or sprint they are bouncy. Thats the way I see it because I've ridden in different SI's with all three of those springs. But again thats just my opinion.
    Maybe with stock shocks, but they're not designed to be used on their own. ALL springs that lower a car should be used with a coresponding shock that is valved correctly for the car and drop.

I like Neuspeed products, especially their suspension parts.

Steve

FUCK you! I like 'em!! esmith13's Avatar
    Chuck,

Which coilovers do you think are better for EP3 - Ground Controls or Skunk2. If I understand correctly, they both offer 0-3" of adjustment and can work with stock shocks (although replacing them would be better). Which has a better ride?? Which are easier to adjust?? If price were no object, I'd go Tien, but I need to stick more so in the $400 range, so I believe these two are my only decent choices.

Any opinions from anyone who has tried these would be greatly apprecieated (sp)!!

Chuck

I have read in other forums that the gc coil overs make alot of noise. Is this true?
    I was also lookin at the tein coil over kits.
    What is the diff between the ss and flex aside from the spring rate?

thanks for your info

Danny

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information