Close

Odyssey Absolute Swap

Hey guys I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the power train from the 06 up Odyssey Absolute. I found the engine from one for quite cheap but the listing is sort of vague. It was listed as Odyssey engine with high compression. Based on a little bit of research it is a K24a2 but they the seller hasn't got back to me confirming. They simply have it listed as a k24a but I want pics of the block stamp. The engine cover is that of the k24a2 package. Any info would be great! I want to pick this up cheap if it is a k24a2.

I think they stopped using a 4cylinder in like the late 90's(99 to be exact)..... my 01 has a 3.5 v6. They have way too much weight to run anything less......
    Last edited by Siborg; 08-09-2010 at 05:11 PM.

ephatch member
    the absolute in the japanese domestic version of the odyssey, I too was confused until I google searched it

yeah, it was on ebay and located near atlanta. It went unsold but it was listed at $800 bucks and they had no idea what it was. I didn't want to make the four hour drive for a k24a8, but upon further research after the auction is was most likely a k24a2. So I'm kinda bummed on it.

No, it is just a k24a.

That is the ONLY JDM k24 motor in existence. There was a huge debate on it over at k20a.org, but the information was found and confirmed, with pictures as well.

Quote Originally Posted by dear adamantium View Post
    No, it is just a k24a.

That is the ONLY JDM k24 motor in existence. There was a huge debate on it over at k20a.org, but the information was found and confirmed, with pictures as well.
    Damn, he kept saying it was a k24a so I was hoping it was similar to how jdm k20a doesn't have a last number designation. So I should have picked it up for the $800 bucks when I had the chance then? 3,400 miles.

lol uh yeah.

sometimes they just slip away.

oh well, it would have just sat in my garage until I could save for kpro and a 6 speed tranny. At least I learned something about JDM Odyssey engines.

The base odyssey has a 2 lobe K24 like the accord 160hp. The absolute has a 200hp engine just like the K24A2. Although it has a strange looking intake manifold cover, and I am not sure what intake manifold it comes with. Here is a little info about it.

http://asia.vtec.net/Reviews/OdysseyAbsolute/index.html

Thread Information