Close

Front strut bar?

hey im thinking on doing some track with the EP what you guys recomend me to buy I already got some raceland coilover, drill rotor and ceramic pads. I was thinking of buying some strut bar like this one http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/02-03...Q5fAccessories ... what you guy think. thanks

and what about this?? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GODSP...Q5fAccessories
    Last edited by k20pr; 08-09-2010 at 10:00 PM.

Well I haven't tracked my car as of yet but from what I have read around the site you don't really need to concern yourself with handling right now. Learning to drive the car (AKA the JDM driver mod) will help more than any mods will.

I see you already have some new brake pads and rotors, some good quality brake fluid will do you well also. If you are dead set on upgrading the suspension first then I would suggest getting either a new rear sway bar or a camber kit.

Quote Originally Posted by k20pr View Post
    hey im thinking on doing some track with the EP what you guys recomend me to buy I already got some raceland coilover, drill rotor and ceramic pads. I was thinking of buying some strut bar like this one http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/02-03...Q5fAccessories ... what you guy think. thanks

and what about this?? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GODSP...Q5fAccessories
    If you plan on tracking your car you are off to a bad start i'm afraid. Your coilovers and pads are not very good for track at all. The coilovers are, if i remember corectly a slightly softer pacage than stock. And ceramic pads are basically the stock style pads that are designed for dd driving, so they bite early but fade fast under heavy braking.

-Rob

my $0.02. Stop buying parts for the car and get your butt out on track.

广州本田
    Quote Originally Posted by 27rocks View Post
    If you plan on tracking your car you are off to a bad start i'm afraid. Your coilovers and pads are not very good for track at all. The coilovers are, if i remember corectly a slightly softer pacage than stock. And ceramic pads are basically the stock style pads that are designed for dd driving, so they bite early but fade fast under heavy braking.
    this. ^^^

Oh that that strut bar, i had one a few years back to try out, i could bend the brackets by hand, stay away.

Quote Originally Posted by ep_hatcher_510 View Post
    this. ^^^

Oh that that strut bar, i had one a few years back to try out, i could bend the brackets by hand, stay away.
    one question: People praise the Ti DC sports front strut, but I could bend the brackets with my hand. So does this mean that it sucks too?

One cool duck, with a hat Heitzke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 15000rpms View Post
    one question: People praise the Ti DC sports front strut, but I could bend the brackets with my hand. So does this mean that it sucks too?
    Who praises that pos?

广州本田
    Quote Originally Posted by 15000rpms View Post
    Most strut bar brackets can slightly bend with some strength, but that ebay one was really bad, felt soft...

I had the DC bar before too, i dont praise it. Got rid off it quickly, Im so glad i didnt pay full price for that thing. The only thing i like was it was light.
    Last edited by Guardian; 10-29-2008 at 04:15 PM.

You dont need a front strut bar those struts are already connected by I wanna say the splash tray. Get a nice set of summer tires and hit the track thats what you need 1st.

If you want to do bracing points that will matter, look into this thread. http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthr...on-EP3-Project

Also you look lowered from the pic anything more then an inch is bad for the handling.
    Last edited by makavelibranded; 08-10-2010 at 08:43 PM.

Thread Information