Close

The A55M4Ns in town! skoundrelusa's Avatar

Question: Set readiness with KPro

When you set readiness with KPro, do all the readiness items change their status to "Supported" or do they still stay "Not supported", but will trick the OBD2 state inspection computer to thinking it is ready?

I'm clicking the "Set Readiness" link under "Online" but I don't see anything changing. I'm wondering if it changes but just doesn't say, or if it will actually say "Supported"

I took a print screen shot below.

Cliffs: Basically my question is, once you go up to Online and click on "Set Readiness", should the below items in the red circles change from "Not Supported" to "Supported - Complete"?

Please help, cuz I'm going to have a nervous breakdown.

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    when i set readiness it still said not supported under kpro. Turned car off pluged scanner in. Scanner ready everything as ready. Went to to emission and passed with flying colors.

Damn lol

The readiness codes didn't get reset after turning the car off?

My inspection guy is cool, so I can probably just keep my laptop/Kmanager plugged in as he's doing the OBD2 inspection, but I was just worried since none of the settings turned to "Supported"

Are there any other settings I should keep enabled/disabled? So far I only know to keep closed loop and the OBD2 thing enabled. Any other settings? Is it OK to keep the idle air disabled (I'm running the Karcepts blockoff plate)

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skoundrelusa View Post
    Damn lol

The readiness codes didn't get reset after turning the car off?

My inspection guy is cool, so I can probably just keep my laptop/Kmanager plugged in as he's doing the OBD2 inspection, but I was just worried since none of the settings turned to "Supported"

Are there any other settings I should keep enabled/disabled? So far I only know to keep closed loop and the OBD2 thing enabled. Any other settings? Is it OK to keep the idle air disabled (I'm running the Karcepts blockoff plate)
    I think ur gona have to turn on the 02 sensors. But i dont remember if i did that. And no they didnt get reset. went to emissions had to turn my car off while i waited. My buddy works at emissions so he passed me for visual. Then when they put ur car up they have to turn it off again anyways to see if the CEL light comes on. And after all that everything came up ready

Interesting. Ok I guess I'll give it a shot. I'll pray that it works

Well I went to the inspection place today. Plugged in my laptop, turned on Kmanager, enabled OBD2, enabled closed loop, clicked clear DTCs, then clicked Set Readiness. Nothing happened (as far visual on Kmanager).

Mechanic plugged in the OBD2 scanner, all was ready. Then plugged in the state inspection machine. Machine read everything all good and told the bastard to give me a sticker. Yay!

Thread Information