Close

Thread: Oil and Age

Thumbs up Oil and Age

Well long story short, I was suppose to change my oil in march but that same month I was taken to the hospital for over a month and went through stomach surgery. Now my question is i haven't changed my oil,which again,was supposed to be changed in march but i don't have the energy to go out yet and i kinda need the money. I haven't even put 500miles into this oil change,the car has been sitting there. But I'm kinda worried that the oil is a bit oil...? BTW its mobil syn,if that helps much.

Thanks in advance

if i understand this correctly it has been a long time but only has 500 miles on the oil?

changing oil is more about millage not age... i wouldn't worry about it right now, sounds like you have more important things to deal with.

If it were old style oil (like pennzoil or anything like that) I would worry about the age a little more but mobil makes good oil (overpriced I think but still good) I would not really worry about age.

yeah your good.. ive read alot about syn oil and is actually good for 7k to 12k depending on driving style. the filter is what should be changed around 5k to 7k.. again alot has to do with driving style. i change oil and filter around 5k.. i dont really pay attention to the 3month rule.

been on that royal purple since day one I got the car and I change every 3k and I usually hit the rev limiter once in a while and when i go change the oil, its not that dark at all lol

Quote Originally Posted by urthworm View Post
    yeah your good.. ive read alot about syn oil and is actually good for 7k to 12k depending on driving style. the filter is what should be changed around 5k to 7k.. again alot has to do with driving style. i change oil and filter around 5k.. i dont really pay attention to the 3month rule.

Very true. The filter itself tends to starts to suffer around 6k miles (mixed driving) .

Quote Originally Posted by Silvercard View Post
    been on that royal purple since day one I got the car and I change every 3k and I usually hit the rev limiter once in a while and when i go change the oil, its not that dark at all lol
    yeah I'm on RP too which it doesn't get dark and doesn't burn off quickly like Mobil 1...I change mine every 5K.

Thread Information