Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

$1000 to blow, what should i get for the most power?

right now i just got paid and have 1000 buck waiting to be spent on my car. next week, ill have about 1500, what are some ideas of what i should to for the most "bang for my buck" to gain power?

i also wanted to get the whole entire HFP kit, with the spoiler, but im not sure what to do at this point.

what do u already have? if stock, get h/i/e.....

Save up for a turbo kit :D That's the real bang for the buck.

no im not stock , i have aem v2 sri, skunk2 megapower 60mm exhaust, DCRH. and already have tokico hp suspension, and rims, and short shifter. have you guys heard anything about getting the JRSC race kit? im really wanting to get that for my car with a 4.0" pulley to run 8psi

Quote Originally Posted by msully93 View Post
    no im not stock , i have aem v2 sri, skunk2 megapower 60mm exhaust, DCRH. and already have tokico hp suspension, and rims, and short shifter. have you guys heard anything about getting the JRSC race kit? im really wanting to get that for my car with a 4.0" pulley to run 8psi
    with those mods.. kpro

Quote Originally Posted by johnkimble View Post
    with those mods.. kpro
    x2

kpro

It will be the foundation to the performance of your vehicle and in the end will be your most bang for your $$$ sense it will make all future parts perform to their fullest making all your future parts be even more worth the money.
    Last edited by username011; 08-14-2010 at 09:39 PM.

yea definatley kpro

300whp+2140lbs= fun classiccelica's Avatar
    KPRO now do it. That will be the best modification you have ever done, as it is like the other member said, your foundation starts there.

I have a Kpro for sale that will be ready to ship Tuesday the 24th! Check out my for sale thread and let me know.

thanks man for the offer, but tonight is the last night, but i can get it for 945 brand new. but what do i have to do with your k pro, to get my car running good? do i just take it in and get it tuned? or whats the process of having kpro, or a reflash? ive never really understood what to do, once i get k pro or a reflash

I think the difference between those two would be similar to the difference between a CD-R and a CD-RW. With CD-RW you can delete, change, and add stuff, but CD-R is like a one time final thing. Someone correct me if I'm wrong :/

Quote Originally Posted by jed_averill View Post
    I think the difference between those two would be similar to the difference between a CD-R and a CD-RW. With CD-RW you can delete, change, and add stuff, but CD-R is like a one time final thing. Someone correct me if I'm wrong :/
    yeah, i know its something like that, but where should i go to get it tuned? anywhere in the ohio area? and do i have to send my ecu and stuff in? cuz my car is a daily driver and i cant be without a car for 2 weeks cuz i got school starting in 2 weeks

to get kpro new, yes you have to send in your ecu and you car will be down about a week until it comes back to you. Once you get it back you plug it in, load up a basemap and drive it around until you can get it tuned...we cant tell you where to get it tuned, go to a place around you that tunes on kpro, search yourself here with a list http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/ecu-t...locations.html

now if you get it used, once you get it in the mail just unplug yours, plug in the used kpro...load up a basemap and than go to a tuner

so it seems used is best for you since you need the car

what do you mean "just unplug mine"? if i buy it used, why dont i have to send it in anymore? jersheyjew is willing to sell me his, and i wasnt sure to buy it or not used. he said he needs to keep his ecu, so would i have to send it in still if i got it used from him?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information