Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Rokkor Full Coilovers! $9 cheaper than Racelands!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Rokko...Q5fAccessories

These look like racelands to me.
    Funny story with these as well.
    They sold out, but came back when racelands did.
    Also they are sold out of Nevada for US
    Just like racelands

haha anyone have these?!
    they're spring rates in the front are the same, but the backs are a TINY bit stiffer :)

广州本田
    Race lands in disguise.

lol for honda honda

Weird..if they are the same..that worries me. usually companies that have bad products will make another company name just incase their other ones name gets tarnished to continue their business.

....still trying to figure out why people are OK with finding the cheapest Suspension and Brake parts......

Quote Originally Posted by Tougeep3 View Post
    ....still trying to figure out why people are OK with finding the cheapest Suspension and Brake parts......
    cause not everybody has a stack for coilovers. And if you go springs ppl bitch you out for either having a mild drop, or going on a huge drop and say "OH MAN I LOVE THAT RICER BOUNCE" or some stupid shit. And sooner or later suspension things are just gonna go. So if they're going to, I'd rather spend $300 for cheapos every two or three years, rather than $1000 every two or three years. However long.
    This theory can work the same with with brake systems. Why spend extra $$ for some big huge name blanks? Brag factor? Cause someone's going to nut their pants cause you have some name brand blanks? If its cheap, it works well and I enjoy the mod then Ima get it. I never understood this whole internet ego bs where you absolutely have to impress every single forum member or outdo someone on here, its a waste. In my hometown I have maybe 6 EPs in the entire county. Out of 6, including me theres two modded ep's. So if I don't have the perfect size rim, or an authentic mugen whatever, it doesn't really matter cause I have more than anybody I ever see anyway lol.
    (not directed towards you, just the whole point )

They are also made by raceland. I was reading a thread on some vw site when I googled them earlier and the guy said when he sent payment it was to racelandusa.

think about it. dropped three inches with $300 or $1000 suspension, your car is gonna handle like shit. It just makes sense to get the cheaper one.
    charles charles charles charles charles charles charles charles charles charles charles charles

Hey j000000stin!!! Suck it, i know how to change my sig. muhahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    cause not everybody has a stack for coilovers. And if you go springs ppl bitch you out for either having a mild drop, or going on a huge drop and say "OH MAN I LOVE THAT RICER BOUNCE" or some stupid shit. And sooner or later suspension things are just gonna go. So if they're going to, I'd rather spend $300 for cheapos every two or three years, rather than $1000 every two or three years. However long.
    This theory can work the same with with brake systems. Why spend extra $$ for some big huge name blanks? Brag factor? Cause someone's going to nut their pants cause you have some name brand blanks? If its cheap, it works well and I enjoy the mod then Ima get it. I never understood this whole internet ego bs where you absolutely have to impress every single forum member or outdo someone on here, its a waste. In my hometown I have maybe 6 EPs in the entire county. Out of 6, including me theres two modded ep's. So if I don't have the perfect size rim, or an authentic mugen whatever, it doesn't really matter cause I have more than anybody I ever see anyway lol.
    (not directed towards you, just the whole point )
    Ride quality is a personal issue. Ride Height is a suspension design geometry issue, at some point to low really is TOO low.

I haven't either. People go broke trying to keep up with fads. Build it the way YOU want it.

All in all it's more of a safety issue than "go big or go home." Body and interior parts are one thing, but undercar is a different issue. I'm still in the mindset that undercar parts need R&D. You can only copy the original so well.

Quote Originally Posted by charles View Post
    think about it. dropped three inches with $300 or $1000 suspension, your car is gonna handle like shit. It just makes sense to get the cheaper one.
    That's it. I can't figure out why you would want to drive a Honda that handles like shit.
    Might as well get a metro, small, fuel efficient, handles like shit.
    Last edited by Tougeep3; 08-15-2010 at 08:26 PM.

That's it. I can't figure out why you would want to drive a Honda that handles like shit.
    Might as well get a metro, small, fuel efficient, handles like shit.
    it is a Honda, going low seems to be the norm for civics, and like it or not, form is higher than function in this aspect. For a daily driver, how many times are you gonna ask your car to perform like a super car? Most people know the limitations to their car at the height they are at and they will not understeer their car into a tree. Sure it does not handle the way a ep3 can perform under ideal suspension settings, but the low look is what a lot of people are going for.
    charles charles charles charles charles charles charles charles charles charles charles charles

Hey j000000stin!!! Suck it, i know how to change my sig. muhahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by charles View Post
    it is a Honda, going low seems to be the norm for civics, and like it or not, form is higher than function in this aspect. For a daily driver, how many times are you gonna ask your car to perform like a super car?Pretty much every morning as I drive to work Most people know the limitations to their car at the height they are at and they will not understeer their car into a tree. I would argue the opposite, most have no idea the actual limits of their car simply because they never learned to drive correctly. Sure it does not handle the way a ep3 can perform under ideal suspension settings, but the low look is what a lot of people are going for. I can agree with this to a point

I don't understand where people pretend that if you buy something for your car it better be prepared to be put on the track. Like charles said, if you slam it.. no matter with what suspension its gonna ride like a carraige.

i dont think anyone is saying that you have to build it for the track really, but buying cheap parts means you run the risk of them failing, and when they do, especially if its catastrophically, then people can get hurt. Not only this, but i personally think most people should run shocks and springs for the street, and on top of that you can end up with a far better setup than many coilovers. I am very particular about the handling of my car, not as a track car but i want it to handle very well. So i bought koni shocks and progress springs, id have to spend a lot on coilovers to beat the performance of them and on top of that i dont give a shit about changing my ride height, i think the 1.8 drop in the front and 1.5 in the rear is perfect for me, and i see no need to go lower (rapes the geometry) and i bottom out everywhere, and higher looks like crap and starts hurting performance again as well...

people should do what they want for the reasons they want, who cares about trends or what other people think, but i would be nervous driving down the road on cheap suspension components.
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

no I mean I understand Im not arguing the safety concerns and all that. But my arguement is where $$ = value? And "What you pay for is what you get" Sort of thing which isn't always the case. Could be though, since I can't vouch Im just assuming that of course and no one has butted in yet saying I'm wrong. I'd like for my car to handle good also, in the sense that if I have the steering wheel straight I want it to drive straight, I'd like for it to grip the road well and all that but I see no purpose in having your car handle like God's chariot if you're just going to school or work in it. but yeah as far as certain drops hurting performance, yes I definitely agree. I didnt learn much from mustclime but he did have some good suspension posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    no I mean I understand Im not arguing the safety concerns and all that. But my arguement is where $$ = value? And "What you pay for is what you get" Sort of thing which isn't always the case. Could be though, since I can't vouch Im just assuming that of course and no one has butted in yet saying I'm wrong. I'd like for my car to handle good also, in the sense that if I have the steering wheel straight I want it to drive straight, I'd like for it to grip the road well and all that but I see no purpose in having your car handle like God's chariot if you're just going to school or work in it. but yeah as far as certain drops hurting performance, yes I definitely agree. I didnt learn much from mustclime but he did have some good suspension posts.
    mustclime is often wrong, and thats all i am going to say about it...

honestly i agree with you on the value part, i dont understand most of the time why people buy coilovers in the first place, especially when they pay more (but not enough) for coilovers when they would have gotten more performance for the same price or cheaper out of shocks and springs...but hey whatever
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information