Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by grooveline
    OOh! and the focus wll get you 25mpg on the highway! Definitly better. besides being ugly on the outside, the focus is ugly on the inside. those svt seats are god awful.

Si rule. Svt drool.

Besides, even though Road and Track said that SVT came in first above the Si, its interesting to note that the magaizine is an affiliate of Ford. Badda bing, badda boom.

The only decent product that Ford came close to was the Contour SVT. That was bad.
    dont hate on the SVT, its gots some ups and downs but our car has more everydayness to it like; Gas, space and barking in 3rd gear! :D

...phone's ringin' Dude.. 02TafWhtSi's Avatar
    One thing that must be said about the SVT - the handling is supposed to be almost racecar like. Every article I have read on it says it is ONE OF if not THE BEST handling FWD production cars today. Any other element of the car is up for grabs but you can't deny its handling/cornering abilities.

DamnYo
    All I'm saying is that Honda came up a bit short in delivering the performance people expected out of an SiR. Companies like Nissan, Toyota, Ford and others have built cars that perform better than the SiR and cost less. Even Hyundai can compete with you now. Granted they have a 3.0L that only puts out 180hp(pretty crappy if you ask me), but they can hang with you now.

EDIT: I forgot to add Subaru 2.5RS
    Last edited by DamnYo; 07-18-2002 at 08:05 PM.

WhiteHotSi02
    forget the SVT, the styling sucks and it's a FORD. The new tiburon might have a V6 and look better but it's just SHIT in a newer package. i say the Si holds it's own and is the best for the price-

No matter what they say about the Focus SVT, long term, Honda is much better quality. After less then 2 years the Ford will show it's a Ford. Honda will be perfect much longer then that.

I should know I had a ZX3 for 2 years, and it had it's issues with quality, fit and finish already.

Originally posted by SBC31
    No matter what they say about the Focus SVT, long term, Honda is much better quality. After less then 2 years the Ford will show it's a Ford. Honda will be perfect much longer then that.

I should know I had a ZX3 for 2 years, and it had it's issues with quality, fit and finish already.

yes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information