Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Spoon CRZ landing in the USA

Wow. That's pretty cool.

Sweet!!! stoked its coming to the USDM... wish it had the powerplant of its european counterpart

I really want one.... THinking about getting one of these for my 16yr old! as his first car!!!.....

There is a vid on YouTube from HKS of their crz with a supercharger on it. It sounds DIRTY. Zomg.

Edit: linky http://www.autoblog.com/2010/08/13/v...or-honda-cr-z/
    Last edited by powdbyrice; 08-20-2010 at 12:51 PM.

i have said it like 1000 time on every forum I'm on, PLEASE HONDA put a K in it...

build it and we will come...

I agree with the people who commented in the link..Im not impressed with this car at all..the only reason people give this car a glance is because of the Spoon name..when you get down to it realisticly and get over the jdm honda fanboyism.. you realize..its a rip off..sorry.

carguru
    April 19, 2010
    [reply]If I want to get a CR-Z with relatively decent performance I would have to spend at least $32.000--it that point wouldn't it make more sense to just buy a 370Z? This just reinforces the fact that it made little sense to make the CR-Z a hybrid as the Spoon car demonstrates in order to make give the CR-Z even a modicum of acceptable performance it needed to put $8000 of modifications and still end up with car that has performance that still is lacking when compared to the 370Z.
    Zoomie
    April 26, 2010
    [reply]A 2 seat Honda that costs in the low thirtys and gets upper twenty mpgs?

How can anyone choose this over the S2000 with a hundred hp extra, convertible and double wishbones all around?

Honda sucks these days. Maybe next decade they will sort themselves out.
    gazman
    July 3, 2010
    [reply]There's no way the fuel economy will take such a big hit as the displacement hasn't increased! They've obviously designed and fitted wilder cams and likely upped compression (which would enhance efficiency) but even so the big hit in economy would only come when driven to the limit. Cruising economy should be within a hair of the stock CR-Z. There is no way in hell it'll drop from 37 highway mpg to 29.
    Ray
    April 17, 2010
    [reply]A waste of money. 25/29 mpg with only fewer than 160 ponies, and with a price tag going so close to $30,000. There are so many other 'better' choices.

Yeah, who would buy a heavy car with only 160hp and gets mph in the high 20s?

Quote Originally Posted by powdbyrice View Post
    Hey man, if you want to spend 30k plus on this car..Im cool with that. Id be more comfortable spending that money on a Subaru or Nissan. the Legacy GT is a much better car for the money than this Honda.. with the standard I am sure you could get 30mpg and consider that it has a turbo and awd is bigger, more comfortable and safer and probably cost way less to insure than this Spoon CRZ..

Oh and I hate to burst your bubble but that video was sped up and isnt realistic on what it actually sounds like.
    Last edited by username011; 08-20-2010 at 06:55 PM.

people will still buy it. look at the mugen si.

its silly to compare cars like 370z's s2k's subarus and whatever other sport car u can think of to the crz. honda made the crz as a sport hybrid, its not a roadster like a s2k, its not a sedan like a subaru legacy. its a gas saving sport hybrid people haha

Quote Originally Posted by powdbyrice View Post
    I averaged 34 mpg's in my Ep... and did i mention average???

-Rob

Quote Originally Posted by ep3egg View Post
    its silly to compare cars like 370z's s2k's subarus and whatever other sport car u can think of to the crz. honda made the crz as a sport hybrid, its not a roadster like a s2k, its not a sedan like a subaru legacy. its a gas saving sport hybrid people haha
    Yet its not sporty, but has only two seats. Oh and the mileage??? Well that actually kinda sucks too for the size of everything in and on the car for a "hybrid". I'm sorry but Honda blew it with this one. Not to mention the price tag... No thanks!

-Rob

Quote Originally Posted by ep3egg View Post
    Im just talking about the Spoon CRZ..which definetly should be compared to an 370Z,Subaru,S2K etc.. when you try to make a car sporty and charge 30k for it you fall into a different category.. a sporty 2 door hybrid shouldnt cost that much and for that price it should be more powerful,faster..you know..more bang for your buck if you value your money.

But as the other member said. Look at the Mugen SI.. companys can build and sell ANYTHING if they slap a big enough name on it or hype it up enough even when there are other cars that are way better..

i like the fact that this is the 1st hybrid to come with a 6-speed tranny. YAY HONDA!
    Last edited by ep3egg; 08-20-2010 at 07:54 PM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information