Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ImportCustomx View Post
    How is it not sporty or efficient? please explain.
    If you compare it to sporty cars, it is not sporty. If you compare it to efficient cars, it is not efficient. It's only sporty when comparing it to efficient cars and efficient when comparing it to sporty cars, just like any regular Civic or Corolla. Therefore, fail.

Yeah...buy an NSX because its not like its a huge rip off for dollar per value ratio instead of getting a awd car with 4 doors bigger trunk and will blow the doors off an nsx for 30 thousand dollars less money..

Stop being such a Honda fanboy Import and realize that Subarus and EVOs are fantastic HIGH PERFORMANCE vehicles that are GREAT value and you have never even owned one or at least Ive never seen any evidence that you owned a STi or EVO.

I dont take anybody seriously who bash on other cars that they have zero experience with.

I have more fun driving my EP3 than driving the wrx bug eye.

Quote Originally Posted by username011 View Post
    Yeah...buy an NSX because its not like its a huge rip off for dollar per value ratio instead of getting a awd car with 4 doors bigger trunk and will blow the doors off an nsx for 30 thousand dollars less money..

Stop being such a Honda fanboy Import and realize that Subarus and EVOs are fantastic HIGH PERFORMANCE vehicles that are GREAT value and you have never even owned one or at least Ive never seen any evidence that you owned a STi or EVO.

I dont take anybody seriously who bash on other cars that they have zero experience with.
    yes zero experience... you nailed it :) at that ill let you guys finish the flame... fanboy maybe...loyal yes.

my point is that everyone wants a supercar for 20 grand. if you spend 34-40grand for a car..it better be fast and it better have great handling.
    Last edited by ImportCustomx; 08-23-2010 at 04:59 PM.
    be jealous :P

Wow! Looks sweet! As I remember, only thing I was not digging were the powah numbers. But b00st fixes that, and I didn't really expect much from a stock Honda.

Quote Originally Posted by Forevapmp View Post
    I really want one.... THinking about getting one of these for my 16yr old! as his first car!!!.....
    While I think that's very cool, I totalled my first car... Just saying.

lawl at all the fanbois

i would love to own a CR-Z
    PSN: theehuggybear

Ya know, just speaking to the OEM CRZs, didn't like the look of the shots I'd seen online, but I saw one at the stealership today when I was picking up some parts, and I might be sold. Not gonna be pickin one up anytime soon, but in a couple years, I might go that route. Walked in and one was sitting off to the side of the showroom floor, so before hittin the parts counter I hopped in and messed around with it. 6spd felt nice, as did the seats. Wasn't used to the interior, but I haven't really been in a new car in years so that's not surprising
    Hoping to score a test-drive sometime soon.
    Two on the lot, white in the showroom and black outside, can't say I'm big on either, but the gray they've got out looks nice online.
    Dunno, depending on how the test drive went, might be a pretty decent little gas-saver. At least it's not a fucking Prius or Insight, god I hate those friggin things.

think i may visit the stealership sometime this week for a test drive now!!

It's good that the CRZ came over but still, not a car that I would want...

Spoon + CRZ = just another big time Fail with a capital F. Gets in the 20's for gas mileage and runs in the 15's? Slow down Spoon, wouldn't want to get a ticket.

A regular CR-Z? Sure!
    This failboat? No thanks!

Seriously Honda may be trying to stay ahead of the curve, but for the price and what you get it's a freaking joke! I'm not sure what is worse, the Mugen Si or this overpriced piece of JDM garbage. Great job Honda, you made a slower entry level hybrid into a slow overpriced hybrid. Give it 6 months on a dealership lot and it'll go the way of the Mugens, highly discounted just to get rid of the things because the only initial buyers are a bunch of die hard fanboys that want it only because of the Spoon name. At the rate Honda is going I can only imagine the disappointment if and when they finally do release a Type-R in the US.

Cant wait to see how it does at the 25 hour. The Fit walked on everyone with its awesome efficiency, Im thinking this car will do the same but with a little more poop :)

Dudes, Honda has been fucking up ever since they killed all of their sports cars. The reason that they don't bring over a type r is due to emissions? Retarded. I believe that japan has even stricter emissions than we do, but honda wants to protect their sqeaky clean environmental image, and in the process of all this marketing, is losing the enthusiasts that made a Honda sports car desirable. The rsx? Dead. S2000? Dead. Crz? Ehh. Should have had a K series motor from the beginning. Why come out with ANOTHER hybrid car? Insight, civic, crz? How many do you need? And as far as the crz being a sportier version of those cars, I doubt it really drives like anything but a pig due to the underpowered motor and weight of the hybrid setup. I don't mean to rant but WTF Honda? What do you think the spoon crz is going to cost? More than likely as much as the overpriced mugen si. Slap a suspension and panels on it and charge an extra 10 grand for it? Honda is all about marketing now, and not performance. Blah blah blah. And if they don't stop playing that fucking opra house commercial I am going to shoot my self. I'm mr opportunity, and I'm fucking retarded. Think about it, hondas spokesperson IS A FUCKING CARTOON CHARACTOR!!! Clowns.
    Last edited by fatathaland; 11-04-2008 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ImportCustomx View Post
    Honda isnt trying to break landspeed world records or revoultionize the tuner world ..they are making a sport hybrid...HYBRID..they are setting the tone for where the rest of the industry is going to have to go eventually with the whole "oil" issue. They are starting it off right. the crz is just like the crx. a sporty econo box for under 20,000. good luck with your subaru etc. i will never spend 27,000 on a subaru again. i have a 2010 wrx premium...its okay, not 27 okay.

Honda is a great name, something you can stand by and trust.

Everyone thinks that honda is trying to make this super car with the crz...they are not. they are starting the sporty hybrid market. once more manufacturers bite at this big smoke screen of hybrid cars and everyone has sporty hybrids then they will most likely release some car with nice amounts of power...and its a hybrid.

before cutting down the crz, wait till you drive it or see it in person. its a cool car, its not that expensive for what you get. if you want an awd turbo car that is poorly made and has shitty hardware that breaks all the time...then yes get another car.
    im with you. i deliver parts to honda every day and see this thing sitting out front. i love it.

Quote Originally Posted by sleepy ep3 View Post
    Dudes, Honda has been fucking up ever since they killed all of their sports cars. The reason that they don't bring over a type r is due to emissions? Retarded. I believe that japan has even stricter emissions than we do, but honda wants to protect their sqeaky clean environmental image, and in the process of all this marketing, is losing the enthusiasts that made a Honda sports car desirable. The rsx? Dead. S2000? Dead. Crz? Ehh. Should have had a K series motor from the beginning. Why come out with ANOTHER hybrid car? Insight, civic, crz? How many do you need? And as far as the crz being a sportier version of those cars, I doubt it really drives like anything but a pig due to the underpowered motor and weight of the hybrid setup. I don't mean to rant but WTF Honda? What do you think the spoon crz is going to cost? More than likely as much as the overpriced mugen si. Slap a suspension and panels on it and charge an extra 10 grand for it? Honda is all about marketing now, and not performance. Blah blah blah. And if they don't stop playing that fucking opra house commercial I am going to shoot my self. I'm mr opportunity, and I'm fucking retarded. Think about it, hondas spokesperson IS A FUCKING CARTOON CHARACTOR!!! Clowns.
    <rant>

you should probably calm down. think about it. a very small percentage of the people here purchased their car brand new, with intention to modify. the majority of cars that come out end up being bought by older people with money, and then 5 years down the line, when the value decreases, a tuner steps in a buys it from them when the price tag is low, all performance products have serious R&D behind them, and are readily available for purchase. so by then, the performance enhancing technology has increased, the price has decreased, and the availability of the cars has increased. what is wrong with that? is that not how its been going for years? was the CRX a fast car upon production? no. did tuners 5, 10, 15 years later manage to launch them down a track at 160+ mph with an 8 second trap speed? yes. so yes, the car isn't a sports car and costs more then you want it to, but were you really going to go to honda tomorrow to pick one up and dump 2 times the purchase price into it to make it even faster if it made 200 wheel stock? i doubt it.

you can't expect honda to put the common 5 year later car enthusiast and tuner before the preservation of their company, and the environment for that matter. you are not their target demographic of sales. you buying a used civic you saw on the corner of your block does not put money in their pockets. the person who put the first 100 miles on the car, on the other hand did. they're doing what needs to be done. and i support it. would you rather them come out with a car comparable to the GTR? and slap a 100k price tag on it? i'm sure you wouldn't be rushing out to buy THAT either.

</rant>
    Last edited by ep3jd; 09-01-2010 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sleepy ep3 View Post
    And as far as the crz being a sportier version of those cars, I doubt it really drives like anything but a pig due to the underpowered motor and weight of the hybrid setup. I don't mean to rant but WTF Honda? What do you think the spoon crz is going to cost? More than likely as much as the overpriced mugen si. Slap a suspension and panels on it and charge an extra 10 grand for it? Honda is all about marketing now, and not performance. Blah blah blah. And if they don't stop playing that fucking opra house commercial I am going to shoot my self. I'm mr opportunity, and I'm fucking retarded. Think about it, hondas spokesperson IS A FUCKING CARTOON CHARACTOR!!! Clowns.
    Dude what is your deal? If Honda sucks so much why do you even give a shit at all?

1- The CRZ weighs 2600 lbs. How many other cars made in 2010 are that light, regardless of trim layout etc. Most car companies havent put out a sub 2800 lb car in years.

2- How much is the Spoon CRZ going to cost? It doesnt matter because there wont be one for sale here, or in Japan. Go to Spoon with your CRZ and buy whatever shit you feel like putting on it - thats how much it will cost. The title of this thread "Spoon CRZ hits the states" means it will be here competing in the 25 hour, not on the showroom floor.

3- High priced cars like the Mugen Si, S2000 CR (which I never see anyone bash for whatever reason. I mean if the Si is just body panles and shocks isnt that exactly what the s2000 CR is?) are priced high because they are collectors items, hence the 2000/1000 units made. These are not for everyone. They are for a specific type of person that appreciates the R+D involved with taking 3 seconds off a lap time with only upgraded shock sprigs and aero (Mugen Si vs Si @ VIR). And Im pretty sure the people ho would buy these cars and myself dont give a crap what you "anti-fanboy" twats think about it.

4- Honda isnt about performance anymore eh? Please tell me what other naturally aspirated powerplats are offered right now in the market with over 100hp/liter. Hondas engines are designed so much better than other brands, its scary.

I cant say Im trilled with the market being flooded with hybrid sports cars like the ferrari and porsches etc, but its the future of the industry and us enthusiasts will have to eaiter adapt to it or keep out hobby focused on the older cars. Either way I dont see why everyone is getting so god damn pissed off at Honda for making a lightweight Hybrid with A fucking 6 SPEED!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information