Close

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    It's a 4 door insight. It's slow, safe and has a fair amount of understeer.

Hopefully the scca will class it similar to the pirus so it'll have some competition at the local autocross. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Paul 631 View Post
    It's a 4 door insight. It's slow, safe and has a fair amount of understeer.

Hopefully the scca will class it similar to the pirus so it'll have some competition at the local autocross. :)
    you mean 2 door?

Quote Originally Posted by SHG_EasyE View Post
    Dude what is your deal? If Honda sucks so much why do you even give a shit at all?

1- The CRZ weighs 2600 lbs. How many other cars made in 2010 are that light, regardless of trim layout etc. Most car companies havent put out a sub 2800 lb car in years.

2- How much is the Spoon CRZ going to cost? It doesnt matter because there wont be one for sale here, or in Japan. Go to Spoon with your CRZ and buy whatever shit you feel like putting on it - thats how much it will cost. The title of this thread "Spoon CRZ hits the states" means it will be here competing in the 25 hour, not on the showroom floor.

3- High priced cars like the Mugen Si, S2000 CR (which I never see anyone bash for whatever reason. I mean if the Si is just body panles and shocks isnt that exactly what the s2000 CR is?) are priced high because they are collectors items, hence the 2000/1000 units made. These are not for everyone. They are for a specific type of person that appreciates the R+D involved with taking 3 seconds off a lap time with only upgraded shock sprigs and aero (Mugen Si vs Si @ VIR). And Im pretty sure the people ho would buy these cars and myself dont give a crap what you "anti-fanboy" twats think about it.

4- Honda isnt about performance anymore eh? Please tell me what other naturally aspirated powerplats are offered right now in the market with over 100hp/liter. Hondas engines are designed so much better than other brands, its scary.

I cant say Im trilled with the market being flooded with hybrid sports cars like the ferrari and porsches etc, but its the future of the industry and us enthusiasts will have to eaiter adapt to it or keep out hobby focused on the older cars. Either way I dont see why everyone is getting so god damn pissed off at Honda for making a lightweight Hybrid with A fucking 6 SPEED!
    i really fucking enjoy that you have a brain, evan

you can't expect honda to put the common 5 year later car enthusiast and tuner before the preservation of their company, and the environment for that matter. you are not their target demographic of sales. you buying a used civic you saw on the corner of your block does not put money in their pockets. the person who put the first 100 miles on the car, on the other hand did. they're doing what needs to be done. and i support it. would you rather them come out with a car comparable to the GTR? and slap a 100k price tag on it? i'm sure you wouldn't be rushing out to buy THAT either.

</rant>[/QUOTE]

No, I wouldn't buy a 100K GTR beater, but a sub-25K Honda car with a type r engine? Sure. Hell yeah. You have to admit that they have fallen off on their pursuit of performance. Good for them, they have a green conscience, but don't forget about the other side of the Honda crowd either. And as to the CRX making the power it did, THAT WAS IN THE EARLY 90'S!! It is now 2010, 20 years later, and am I so wrong for expecting a bit more? WTF
    Last edited by sleepy ep3; 09-01-2010 at 09:15 PM.

Dude what is your deal? If Honda sucks so much why do you even give a shit at all?

1- The CRZ weighs 2600 lbs. How many other cars made in 2010 are that light, regardless of trim layout etc. Most car companies havent put out a sub 2800 lb car in years.

2- How much is the Spoon CRZ going to cost? It doesnt matter because there wont be one for sale here, or in Japan. Go to Spoon with your CRZ and buy whatever shit you feel like putting on it - thats how much it will cost. The title of this thread "Spoon CRZ hits the states" means it will be here competing in the 25 hour, not on the showroom floor.

3- High priced cars like the Mugen Si, S2000 CR (which I never see anyone bash for whatever reason. I mean if the Si is just body panles and shocks isnt that exactly what the s2000 CR is?) are priced high because they are collectors items, hence the 2000/1000 units made. These are not for everyone. They are for a specific type of person that appreciates the R+D involved with taking 3 seconds off a lap time with only upgraded shock sprigs and aero (Mugen Si vs Si @ VIR). And Im pretty sure the people ho would buy these cars and myself dont give a crap what you "anti-fanboy" twats think about it.

4- Honda isnt about performance anymore eh? Please tell me what other naturally aspirated powerplats are offered right now in the market with over 100hp/liter. Hondas engines are designed so much better than other brands, its scary.

I cant say Im trilled with the market being flooded with hybrid sports cars like the ferrari and porsches etc, but its the future of the industry and us enthusiasts will have to eaiter adapt to it or keep out hobby focused on the older cars. Either way I dont see why everyone is getting so god damn pissed off at Honda for making a lightweight Hybrid with A fucking 6 SPEED!
    I give a shit because if I ever get sick of my current car and want to buy a new Honda, there isn't really much out there that has any power. Please tell me what honda car SOLD IN THE USA has 100hp per liter rating that is being sold now? Civic Si? Nope. 197hp, if you want to get technical, and lets see it put that down on a dyno, never happen. And this 6 speed that you are raving about, its not for performance, ITS FOR FUEL ECONOMY!! 6th gear allows it to get "great" highway fuel economy, and is not used for performance. I give Honda props for the idea, but thats about it. And you would almost have to have a six speed, with very short gearing in the first 5, to make a 120hp, 2600lb car feel like its going fast.
    Last edited by sleepy ep3; 09-01-2010 at 09:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sleepy ep3 View Post

No, I wouldn't buy a 100K GTR beater, but a sub-25K Honda car with a type r engine? Sure. Hell yeah. You have to admit that they have fallen off on their pursuit of performance. Good for them, they have a green conscience, but don't forget about the other side of the Honda crowd either. And as to the CRX making the power it did, THAT WAS IN THE EARLY 90'S!! It is now 2010, 20 years later, and am I so wrong for expecting a bit more? WTF

I give a shit because if I ever get sick of my current car and want to buy a new Honda, there isn't really much out there that has any power. Please tell me what honda car SOLD IN THE USA has 100hp per liter rating that is being sold now? Civic Si? Nope. 197hp, if you want to get technical, and lets see it put that down on a dyno, never happen. And this 6 speed that you are raving about, its not for performance, ITS FOR FUEL ECONOMY!! 6th gear allows it to get "great" highway fuel economy, and is not used for performance. I give Honda props for the idea, but thats about it. And you would almost have to have a six speed, with very short gearing in the first 5, to make a 120hp, 2600lb car feel like its going fast.
    U mad???

Quote Originally Posted by username011 View Post
    Stop being such a Honda fanboy Import and realize that Subarus and EVOs are fantastic HIGH PERFORMANCE vehicles that are GREAT value and you have never even owned one or at least Ive never seen any evidence that you owned a STi or EVO.
    says the guy who has a Honda God prayer
    PSN: theehuggybear

Quote Originally Posted by ep3jd View Post
    U mad???
    No. I'm Italian and I type the way I talk, loud. Lol

If you get sick of your car and want a newer honda then you have 5 years of great high performance cars to choose from. I honestly dont see why anyone would buy a brand new car, especially a honda. Its just a plain waste of money. Pick up a used car in mint shape with say 50k and save 10-12 grand? yes please.

And yes Im referring to the Si. 197hp for 2.0 liters is damn close enough to 100hp/L. And engine output when comparing stock power plants and output per liter is always measured as the manufacturer does - at the flywheel.

So easily people forget the other cars Honda offers in other countires. Just because they arent offered here doesnt mean Honda is "off their game" or "failing". Those cars arent offered here because there is no market. America consists of a majority which cares only about horsepower per dollar. Americans are too ignorant and fixated on a car that is "fast" and that will make them look cool and badass to be bothered with appreciating intense RandD to produce something so amazing with comparitively so little. In America a car with under 250 HP is a slow ass piece of crap, no matter how much time was put into aero and suspension and chassis development. But give them a 4wd 300 hp car thats only good for 70-80k before the engine or turbo starts to crap out and theyre all for it. Mind you these amazing high performance cars are all slower on the track than an FD2R.

If youre pissed about the cars that AMERICAN Honda is offering take it up with AMERICA. The country provides the demand and auto makers have no choice but to cater to that demand. If you want all that Honda has to offer move to another country and stop bitching.

^ i agree.....=) keep up the good work with your car man....seen the threads lately---GORGEOUS work!!!!

If you get sick of your car and want a newer honda then you have 5 years of great high performance cars to choose from. I honestly dont see why anyone would buy a brand new car, especially a honda. Its just a plain waste of money. Pick up a used car in mint shape with say 50k and save 10-12 grand? yes please.

And yes Im referring to the Si. 197hp for 2.0 liters is damn close enough to 100hp/L. And engine output when comparing stock power plants and output per liter is always measured as the manufacturer does - at the flywheel.

So easily people forget the other cars Honda offers in other countires. Just because they arent offered here doesnt mean Honda is "off their game" or "failing". Those cars arent offered here because there is no market. America consists of a majority which cares only about horsepower per dollar. Americans are too ignorant and fixated on a car that is "fast" and that will make them look cool and badass to be bothered with appreciating intense RandD to produce something so amazing with comparitively so little. In America a car with under 250 HP is a slow ass piece of crap, no matter how much time was put into aero and suspension and chassis development. But give them a 4wd 300 hp car thats only good for 70-80k before the engine or turbo starts to crap out and theyre all for it. Mind you these amazing high performance cars are all slower on the track than an FD2R.

If youre pissed about the cars that AMERICAN Honda is offering take it up with AMERICA. The country provides the demand and auto makers have no choice but to cater to that demand. If you want all that Honda has to offer move to another country and stop bitching.
    True story. Honda in America keeps the lights on with Odysseys, Pilots and Accords, not sporty subcompacts. Si's and CRZs are there to promote Honda's sporty or green side not to be its performance halo model. We don't get those halo models here.

That said, I like the CRZ. It looks good and drives great for a little car. Would I spend my hard earned money on it? No. I have a family and a two seater is out of the question currently. I'd spend that money on a used TSX though.

The Spoon CRZ? Spec mine with all the chassis and suspension stuff. I'll boost it and beat 145hp all day. I hope they rock the 25 hours of thunderhill just so the brand will receive some recognition.

umm yeah I dont see why anyone would complain much about CRZ having 6speed.. the Fit guys always complain about getting stuck with 5speed and it was made to be a gas sipper, so why wouldn't Honda take some advice and add another gas saving gear?
    Honda doesn't have a sporty side anymore, it sucks, but move on. Its not that big of a deal.

all the people that bash teh crz must have that 20grand readily available and are car shopping. the people that cant afford it, complain, people that can afford it, respect it.

I've talked to many enthusiest ( not keyboard ninja's that claim homeboy6966 has a crz and its slow) and they love them. i have personally driven one. Its a really fun car to drive. i went from my skunk2 ep3 and got in one of these and it was fun. it even sounded okay too. i didnt feel to much like a hyrbid. next time i take it out ill post a in car video so you can hear it and see it.

all the people hating on it are the kids that want subies and evo's..so i say fuck em all.

im going to enjoy my honda's while all the haters go feelin up the subie meets and bad mouth honda.
    all the crz haters can get to the back of the bus

In America a car with under 250 HP is a slow ass piece of crap, no matter how much time was put into aero and suspension and chassis development. But give them a 4wd 300 hp car thats only good for 70-80k before the engine or turbo starts to crap out and theyre all for it. Mind you these amazing high performance cars are all slower on the track than an FD2R.
    so true...its sad.
    Last edited by ImportCustomx; 09-09-2010 at 11:39 AM.
    be jealous :P

GrassRootsMotorsports tested and liked it. That turned me around.

Quote Originally Posted by username011 View Post
    Im just talking about the Spoon CRZ..which definetly should be compared to an 370Z,Subaru,S2K etc.. when you try to make a car sporty and charge 30k for it you fall into a different category.. a sporty 2 door hybrid shouldnt cost that much and for that price it should be more powerful,faster..you know..more bang for your buck if you value your money.

But as the other member said. Look at the Mugen SI.. companys can build and sell ANYTHING if they slap a big enough name on it or hype it up enough even when there are other cars that are way better..
    Dude i agree this car blows how many of us dnt agree we would rather spend 30000 on somethimg better i mean if imma give up horsepower i want a smart car it is wat it is it doesnt try to b sporty nd get good milage we r not there in technology were we can get both...

Quote Originally Posted by Ep3crazy View Post
    Dude i agree this car blows how many of us dnt agree we would rather spend 30000 on somethimg better i mean if imma give up horsepower i want a smart car it is wat it is it doesnt try to b sporty nd get good milage we r not there in technology were we can get both...
    First off old thread, second I can't follow what you're saying...third I don't know about the spoon crz, but the regular crz closer to 20k, and has all the go of the 2nd generation si crx, plus a little, the crz weighs 100lbs less than the 2650 honda rated it at, and I've gotten 47mpg out of it...dunno why people have an issue...
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information