Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

license plate led

Hi i was trying to get the light covers out and i did but it doesn't come out, like if the wiring aren't long enough to get them out. SO it there a diy post on changing the lights no the license plate?
    Last edited by fatathaland; 11-03-2008 at 03:04 PM.

take off the plastic in your hatch. Your aren't suppost to be able to get the covers off. and then you go in through there. youll see.

^thats the hard way

gimmie 10 min. my cameras charging and ill snap a couple pix
    PSN: theehuggybear

you think so? it wasnt so tough under 10 min. In for the easy way. Even though ill be replacing them never.

i confused myself and have no idea what your way is ..i think its the same one im doing the write up on

anywho..here it is..please excuse my unwashed dirty car (its 108 degrees outside ) as well as the shots (no tripod plus my friend somehow messed up my only lens )

for those wondering where to buy LEDs: Pep Boys carries white LEDs for ~$8.99 for a set of 2 194 wedges or you could purchase them online from a website

1. you will haveta unlock your car and open the trunk..this is what you will be taking off:

2. push the white cover outward (for the right one itd be pushing to the right..left to the left):

3. the cover & light will come out..be careful when pulling them out as one sharp yank could tear a wire.
    ***there is a tab at the top where the housing and wires connect (circled in red)..press it and remove the housing/cover/light:

you should end up with this after you push the tab:

4. press the 2 tabs at the top of the housing/cover to remove the light housing and reveal the light:

5. replace the OEM/LED bulb with the new LED bulb (i already had mine installed):

6. go in reverse order of installation and repeat with left cover/housing/light

final product:

hope it helped!
    feel free to PM me should you have trouble/dont understand something/pix dont work
    Last edited by ShadowEP3; 08-25-2010 at 06:16 PM.
    PSN: theehuggybear

thanks for the pictures i will be replacing them tonight and put some pictures

it worked out pretty cool except for the covers being too dirty that gives a dark white light out put, I think those covers need some cleaning.

thanks shadow ep3 for those great pictures

should make a DIY for it.

nice pics, definitely gonna help.

i just now realized that this is easier than removing black trim in the back.

I've done it both ways. In my ep, i removed the panels to get to them. On my wife's cr-v i did it the quick way and broke the damn clip sooooo, lol I had to buy a new one + the stupid gasket... I tried to do it again the easy way on my si but for some reason it doesn't want to budge, and i really don't want to break another lens so i might keep doing it the long way lol. At least the panels in this car are a lot easier to remove than the ones in my cr-v...

the LED bar is way better i think and not that hard to install = ) idk i had them but didnt really like them

u put an LED bar for your license plate light?

It was my understanding that LEDs were a directional light. Doesn't look like it would provide enough light on the plate from the pictures.

sorry i was busy with school, i couldn't upload the pictures intell now, the Led's that i put in are small 6X not brighter than stock but definitely better looking

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information