Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    well now i just got home from work and it is 2am and what a let down these pep boy's LED bulb's suck i think my stock OEM lights was brighter :S gunna call that LED sponcer of are's and see what there stuff can do i really got let down with pep boy's LED's so i would tell u guys not to get them waste of 10bucks, install was easy as well and simple

i just put my dome lights in, led's from ebay, not bright at all, and i got one out of the two license plate lights on, the left side wouldnt move so i have an oem light on the left and a white led on the right wtf...
    nvm... edit on the diy for this its not right bulb push right and left bulb push left....
    If one looks closely at the bulb housing it will say what way to push with an arrow... both of mine said to push to the right
    no wonder when i would push on the left one it wouldnt budge... now its fixed
    Last edited by gamma6; 10-12-2010 at 11:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gamma6 View Post
    i just put my dome lights in, led's from ebay, not bright at all, and i got one out of the two license plate lights on, the left side wouldnt move so i have an oem light on the left and a white led on the right wtf...
    nvm... edit on the diy for this its not right bulb push right and left bulb push left....
    If one looks closely at the bulb housing it will say what way to push with an arrow... both of mine said to push to the right
    no wonder when i would push on the left one it wouldnt budge... now its fixed
    yea this is why i just order'd a full kit from xen looks way better from the pics and cant wait to get them and install them

Xenith's LEDs are pretty bright. If you buy 1W 194 from ebay then they should be pretty bright also. the full kit from Xen is 80$ which is a lot of money. I bought it but I kinda regret dropping that much money on it though. I bought some ebay 1W and they are pretty bright.

Quote Originally Posted by ttttrigg3r View Post
    Xenith's LEDs are pretty bright. If you buy 1W 194 from ebay then they should be pretty bright also. the full kit from Xen is 80$ which is a lot of money. I bought it but I kinda regret dropping that much money on it though. I bought some ebay 1W and they are pretty bright.
    what 80bucks? they are only 50 and + pep boy's 2xled's are 10buck's each and take like 10 lights to put full led's in the car, so it def worth the money to buy Xen's cant wait to get my and install them

Thank you very much, just placed an order. Total of 7 bulbs.

2x License Plate light (194/168 bulb w/ 5x 5050 3CHIP SMD LEDs)
    3x Map lights (194/168 bulb w/ a high-power 1W LED)
    1x Rear Dome light (31mm festoon bulb w/ 6x 5050 3CHIP SMD LEDs)
    1x Trunk light (194/168 bulb w/ 5x 5050 3CHIP SMD LEDs)

From Xenith Xenon's thread. Only the back dome light is different (festoon) The others are 194

just install'd the lice plate led and the trunk led from Xen and OMG they are so bright so glad i got these

also does anyone know how to take the dome lights out in the front and the back so i can finish installing my led's on the inside? thanks for any info on this
    Last edited by 1fasthb; 10-18-2010 at 10:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1fasthb View Post
    what 80bucks? they are only 50 and + pep boy's 2xled's are 10buck's each and take like 10 lights to put full led's in the car, so it def worth the money to buy Xen's cant wait to get my and install them
    Xen had 2 offers at the start 80 for all the replacement lights including the sidemarkers and trunk too. My thing is after buying that kit I went and pulled the dome lights and replaced them with amber bulbs to match my footwell LEDs and gauge so now I have two of Xen's leds that I don't use. And I would also buy ebay 1W Leds if I can do it all over again. I don't know if quality will be the as great, but I'm willing to live with that.

just install'd the lice plate led and the trunk led from Xen and OMG they are so bright so glad i got these

also does anyone know how to take the dome lights out in the front and the back so i can finish installing my led's on the inside? thanks for any info on this
    In the front take a tiny flat tip screw driver and find the spot where you can pry it out. Then it is just a matter of pull and replace. Same for the back.
    yeah those LEDs are really bright. You should also check out the footwell LEDs Xen carries if you like the others.

In the front take a tiny flat tip screw driver and find the spot where you can pry it out. Then it is just a matter of pull and replace. Same for the back.
    yeah those LEDs are really bright. You should also check out the footwell LEDs Xen carries if you like the others.
    so pull the grey trim or the clear lence? also it say it came with parking lights so are these for the front for back or what and were do i install them at?

Got mine installed last night, they're great bulbs and super bright. Xenithxenons shipping is super fast. Still having problem with the license plate lights, can't remove the lens. I used my thumb to push the lens, but it's so hard.

so pull the grey trim or the clear lence? also it say it came with parking lights so are these for the front for back or what and were do i install them at?
    Ok took some pictures.

find the little spot for the screw driver and pop the clear out and this is what you will see:

If you have trouble removing the original bulbs you can pull the whole grey trim out by these phillips screws in the picture.
    For the back just remove the clear part and you can just yank the bulb right out.
    As for the packing lights it goes in the front. Pop your hood and look for this:

You can twist the socket out and replace the bulb and put it back in.
    here's mine at night

Xen's bulbs looks great for parking lights and license plate light.

Quote Originally Posted by cvicep3 View Post
    Got mine installed last night, they're great bulbs and super bright. Xenithxenons shipping is super fast. Still having problem with the license plate lights, can't remove the lens. I used my thumb to push the lens, but it's so hard.
    Maybe you're pushing the wrong way. If that doesn't work, you can remove the black trim when you open the hatch to get to the license plate lights from the back. That's what I did in the first place. Didn't even know you can just push the lights out.

thanks for the help the parking lights was the bigest pain in the azz but i got both done with in 20min i think lol busted my hands alote hate big hand's to be in small place's :(

The instruction said, right to the right and left to the left. That's what I did, but it's so damn hard and I'm afraid I will break it. I'll try again tonight with the black trim.

Maybe you're pushing the wrong way. If that doesn't work, you can remove the black trim when you open the hatch to get to the license plate lights from the back. That's what I did in the first place. Didn't even know you can just push the lights out.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information