Close

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Subscribed...

Can't wait to see this

same here. I'm not so concerned about a radiator support. A new one can be fabbed easily and/or supports can be welded to the hacked up oem one.
    My concern is the Passenger Headlight!

Quote Originally Posted by Kerby View Post
    same here. I'm not so concerned about a radiator support. A new one can be fabbed easily and/or supports can be welded to the hacked up oem one.
    My concern is the Passenger Headlight!
    this. iirc if you want to use the dc5 spect jrsc you need to trim the back cover of the passenger side headlight. i'm almost certain you will have to do something similar. you should contact mugenreplica.
    Green Crew #7

Please donate and support EPHatch.com: Greenie Status, License Plate Frames, Banner & Small 'ephatch.com' Decals

Was your WTS/WTT/WTB closed? Please read the following: link 1 & link 2

you don't need to mod the headlight I have the dc5 JRSC on my ep3 only had to mod the radiator support a bit for the bypass valve.

Side note I was thinking if I used a half radiator and mounted it on the driver side and made up my own rad support I'm sure a twin screw could fit.

Canuck: can u provide a photo to show it clears?

you have a k20 or k24? i can't remember. i don't know if the 19mm higher deck of the k24 will be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerby View Post
    Canuck: can u provide a photo to show it clears?

you have a k20 or k24? i can't remember. i don't know if the 19mm higher deck of the k24 will be a problem.
    Ya I'm not sure if the extra height would cause problems but I still have the k20a3. If the engine isn't rotated forward anymore than it normally is I wouldn't see a problem.

Depending on the pulley size you use, you may have to bend the headlight support a bit, on the 4" I did but 3.4" clears fine. If you still have A/C using EP3 lines it comes pretty close but fits I even managed to fit the aftercooler on with the A/C line that runs under the manifold.

the comptech charger sits differently from the jrsc so i guess we'll see if we run into any problems with the headlights. i ordered the edm hid projector headlights from wayne so i don't know how much space we'll have with the hid kit installed too. i'm not too worried though as my friend is a great mechanic/fabricator. i'm gonna be running the same pulley i was running on my tsx, a pulley boys 3.15 pulley which is good for about 10.5 psi.

mmm...torque :D
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuck Civic View Post
    Ya I'm not sure if the extra height would cause problems but I still have the k20a3. If the engine isn't rotated forward anymore than it normally is I wouldn't see a problem.

Depending on the pulley size you use, you may have to bend the headlight support a bit, on the 4" I did but 3.4" clears fine. If you still have A/C using EP3 lines it comes pretty close but fits I even managed to fit the aftercooler on with the A/C line that runs under the manifold.
    height isnt an issue--like canuck said clearance on the passenger headlight support is the big issue. on the radiator support i have probably a quarter inch more clearance than i did with the rbc. this is all on a fg spec jrsc mind you its not all done, but the manifold and autotensioner are all in ill take pics when im not so beat from trying to get to that bottom middle bolt

as an update, that clearance is an issue due to the hood prop; once that is removed (good time to do the hood strut mod ) i have a good inch of space to work with i would say. also, should you be using the new si-spec superchargers you will be needing a karcepts adapter, due to the different bolt patterns of the DBW throttle body and the mechanical throttle body (rather obvious in hindsight, and rather stupid, now that i have to wait to pick one up ) the ground that would mount to the original autotensioner needs to be relocated as well, since the bracket on the idler pulley it normally mounts to is no longer there. i am still trying to determine a decent location to place that.
    Last edited by lldiesel386ll; 02-25-2011 at 06:14 AM.

so in case anyone was wondering, an rsx spec sc is definitely the way to go. should you consider the new si's spec sc, keep into consideration the dbw throttle body. idle air control is managed by a whole different set of sensors than a mechanical throttle body, so the sc inlet doesnt have a port for the IACV. should you go that route, you either need to convert the snout to rsx spec, or get an rbc adapter to get machined for that outlet or an rrc adapter. if you get an adapter there will be clearance issues with the iacv and the bypass valve, so you'll need to either bypass the iacv or run a rotation plate: k-tuned would be able to provide that. besides that everything is hunky dory my setup is in--cant wait for my dyno time come april

And so it begins.....

you got the ebay mounts! no way! i heard fitment was really good according to crsx. but i gotta ask why did you go with that mount set up when innovative is a couple bucks more?

Ohh..... I likey.

How much for the k24a2? I need to get my hands on one
    Last edited by Phildonis; 01-16-2009 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by j0000stin View Post
    you got the ebay mounts! no way! i heard fitment was really good according to crsx. but i gotta ask why did you go with that mount set up when innovative is a couple bucks more?
    I actually got the mounts for free since I placed such a big order.
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtyMETHOD View Post
    Ohh..... I likey.

How much for the k24a2? I need to get my hands on one
    it cost me $2,300

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information