Close

Thread: ECU questions

ECU questions

Okay so if i just bought this prb ecu, can i just take the ep one out and put this one in? and would it still work? And my plan is to get kpro (whenever i have cash haha) but i can take that out and put it into another car, i know that but whats the whole deal with the immobolizer or something? Just want some info on this. Thanks!
    Last edited by Garrett; 08-31-2010 at 12:36 PM.

slow & quiet again 4angrybadgers's Avatar
    If you still have the stock EP engine, no, you do NOT want to use a non-Kpro ECU from any other car. The k20a2 and k20a3 are different engines.

The immobilizer and ECU must be synchronized by a dealer for the car to start. If they do not match, say if you swapped in another ECU, the car will not start. If you have Kpro you can disable the immobilizer in the .kal and start the car, but the green key light on your dash will blink nonstop.

ughhh so what about the whole 6 speed lockout on the ep? if i hook up the prb ecu then it wont start/ blink nonstop but i can have a 6th gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
    ughhh so what about the whole 6 speed lockout on the ep? if i hook up the prb ecu then it wont start/ blink nonstop but i can have a 6th gear?
    you can't just hook up the prb ecu as is. you have to get the immobilizer flashed to that ecu. and if you still have the stock k20a3 the stock prb ecu does you no good.

well i was ill informed haha

Thread Information