Close

Thread: HID Power Surge

HID Power Surge

I've had my HID's for about 1 month now (VVME 6000k) and every once in a while the headlights will flicker and all the cabin lights including the gauge cluster will go dim. The headlights however stay have the same brightness. A few moments later, the headlights will flicker again, and the lights will all go back to normal. This happens mainly when I'm doing city driving (turn signals, braking, shifting, accelerating, etc.) versus highway driving (just gas)

Is this a cheap relay/wiring harness issue?

Thanks

Never have had hids, but my lights and interior lights will dim when the fans kick on. I read a long time ago that honda made the alternator so when things turn on and draw more power that the output goes low instead of higher like some other cars just for a second so it doesint overwork the alternator for a longer life how this affects hids IDK.

我愛Ep3 - AreaCode 510
    About the first part that your cluster go dim. That just the power going to your car is low since when you driving low on your rpm will happne too. About HID, even if the cluster go dim, it never happen to me about flickering.

One question I have for you: Does it happen when you leave the car on and idle and hid flicker or no? If not, it might be internal wiring that isnt connect very well.
    Last edited by Kumar; 11-04-2008 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hkrayingboyz View Post
    About the first part that your cluster go dim. That just the power going to your car is low since when you driving low on your rpm will happne too. About HID, even if the cluster go dim, it never happen to me about flickering.

One question I have for you: Does it happen when you leave the car on and idle and hid flicker or no? If not, it might be internal wiring that isnt connect very well.
    No, it's when I'm driving. Im guessing its the relay harness

could it be the hid kit? i have one hooked up to my girlfriends accord with a relay harness and it'll flicker randomly. i suspected it was the relay harness so i hooked up the the ballasts directly to the factory harness and they still flickered. bad hid kit! im thinkin about replacing them w the DDM TUNING HID KIT. anyone have flickering issues w those?

Quote Originally Posted by smykhaisouk View Post
    could it be the hid kit? i have one hooked up to my girlfriends accord with a relay harness and it'll flicker randomly. i suspected it was the relay harness so i hooked up the the ballasts directly to the factory harness and they still flickered. bad hid kit! im thinkin about replacing them w the DDM TUNING HID KIT. anyone have flickering issues w those?
    I dont think its the kit for me, I feel like its the harness. Im probably gonna pick up a relay wiring harness from retro solutions pretty soon

Thread Information