Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3.6 Pulley?

3.6 Pulley?

i just emailed pulleyboys about getting a custom 3.6 pulley made :) stay tuned for a reply, hopefully they can make them for us methanol cooled guys :)

this is going to be interesting.

Anyway you can get intake temp readings after the SC?
    Actually... assuming you have a 3.8 currently on there, how about readings before and after the 3.6, and with and without meth.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerby View Post
    this is going to be interesting.

Anyway you can get intake temp readings after the SC?
    Actually... assuming you have a 3.8 currently on there, how about readings before and after the 3.6, and with and without meth.
    see thats what i dont know. people have drilled and tapped the manifold after the blower and put older honda 2 bolt IAT sensors or even the GM iat sensor because it is much more responsive, but i dunno if i want to drill the manifold ya know

You do realize that the 3.8" pulley itself will put your inlet temps up around the 220-230 degree range right? And that is within only 3-4 wide open runs. Your normal running temps are going to be rediculous. You will ALWAYS be heat soaked.

When I had mine tuned on the 4" pulley, after 20-25 pulls the inlet temps never topped over 180 degrees. When I came back a few weeks later for the 3.8" tune, it only took 4 pulls cold to hit 232 degrees. I would not try this, even the 3.8" pulley, without water/meth for tuning.

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    yea i duno about all this. The meth and 3.8 is good. but even meth with 3.6 might be pushing it. Are u gona be tuned to be sprayin meth all the time or just at a certain PSI?
    Last edited by sleepingblacksi; 11-17-2008 at 04:19 PM.

Moderator=>PM 4 Help MugenReplica's Avatar
    I sold him my old 3.7", so he's probably been running that for awhile now. There's definitely room for a 3.6" with proper cooling. Besides my old 3.7" was already dyno tested on a K20a2 by 02CivicSI-VTEC. He said it was the best pulley (power and torque wise) he had run up and until that point before he changed crank pulley's and swapped in a 3.2". He also did say that cooling was a must, so enter Methanol or aftercooling of some sort and with a little tuning he should be able to pull it off. After meeting, seeing his Ep3 and hanging out a little with 04EP3Hatch I don't think he's the type to stupidly run into situations without researching.
    Last edited by sekoh69; 11-09-2008 at 01:15 PM.

i can't wait to see one made (3.6") pulley. i'm running 3.7" pulley now and i really want to upgrade it to 3.6" pulley! i'm running k20z1 with 6 speed tranny and i'm pushing over 9psi.

Quote Originally Posted by MugenReplica View Post
    I sold him my old 3.7", so he's probably been running that for awhile now. There's definitely room for a 3.6" with proper cooling. Besides my old 3.7" was already dyno tested on a K20a2 by 02CivicSI-VTEC. He said it was the best pulley (power and torque wise) he had run up and until that point before he changed crank pulley's and swapped in a 3.2". He also did say that cooling was a must, so enter Methanol or aftercooling of some sort and with a little tuning he should be able to pull it off. After meeting, seeing his Ep3 and hanging out a little with 04EP3Hatch I don't think he's the type to stupidly run into situations without researching.
    i was actually meaning to ask you, are you sure that was the 3.7? i held it up to my 3.8 and it was the same size cirumfrentaly. idk if the difference is in the ribs or not, but as for the thread, yes, there will be ample cooling. 625mlh nozzle. the biggest one made by snow, and a 30/70 mix of water/meth. i can get 5 gallons of 100% meth for 35$ at my local track. and from roaming on crsx, 30/70 seems to be the best mix that anyone has used (30% water, 70% methanol)

Quote Originally Posted by BlownSi05 View Post
    You do realize that the 3.8" pulley itself will put your inlet temps up around the 220-230 degree range right? And that is within only 3-4 wide open runs. Your normal running temps are going to be rediculous. You will ALWAYS be heat soaked.

When I had mine tuned on the 4" pulley, after 20-25 pulls the inlet temps never topped over 180 degrees. When I came back a few weeks later for the 3.8" tune, it only took 4 pulls cold to hit 232 degrees. I would not try this, even the 3.8" pulley, without water/meth for tuning.
    i know it's never been done before, thats why i'd like to try it. i think with my water/meth mixture and the amount im injecting, my iat's will drop very much so as my octane points will rise from the 70% methanol mix.

Quote Originally Posted by superchargedk20 View Post
    yea i duno about all this. The meth and 3.8 is good. but even meth with 3.6 might be pushing it. Are u gona be tuned to be sprayin meth all the time or just at a certain PSI?
    well im gonna start the spray at 4 or 5 psi. idk if im gonna run into a little bog because of the size of the nozzle but i dunno. time will tell. AND! i will be fully tuned on water/meth on the 3.8 to base our selves, then the 3.6 will be put on on the dyno and the maps recalibrated. ill get IAT readings (after the blower of course) and all that jazz for you guys. if i dont like it or if its not safe, i still have the 3.8 :)

wow scratch that guys:

"it is possible but it wouldn’t be very cheap, around $300-$400"

thats what the email said from pulley boys

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 04EP3Hatch View Post
    wow scratch that guys:

"it is possible but it wouldn’t be very cheap, around $300-$400"

thats what the email said from pulley boys
    so what u gona do now?

Quote Originally Posted by superchargedk20 View Post
    so what u gona do now?
    i guess just go with the 3.7, cause i think a 3.4... might be over kill :)

hey here's a quickie, what crank pulley could i run to see another few psi

The Skeletor crank pulley from the 08/09 Accords is the largest crank pulley at 6.37 inches and should boost you up a couple of psi. It should be part number 13810-R40-A01 PULLEY, CRANKSHAFT 2009 ACCORD 57.05 39.94

*disregard the K24/k20a3 as the same. They are not the same from what SF-SI-02 said back in the day. I'll hopefully get to double check when I pick up a K24 soon.

*Let me know about that blower pulley, I had a 4.0" and a 3.7" but I thought I gave you the one that 02CivicSI-VTEC sent back to me?

seriously what is it whatisthis's Avatar
    The Skeletor crank pulley from the 08/09 Accords is the largest crank pulley at 6.37 inches and should boost you up a couple of psi. It should be part number 13810-R40-A01 PULLEY, CRANKSHAFT 2009 ACCORD 57.05 39.94
    damn, beat me to it. has anyone here seen the guys on crsx running 15psi without problems? methanol/water injection is a marvel of automotive physics.

Quote Originally Posted by whatisthis View Post
    damn, beat me to it. has anyone here seen the guys on crsx running 15psi without problems? methanol/water injection is a marvel of automotive physics.
    Yea, but they are aftercooled, meth'd and twinscrewed, lol. There used to be a couple of other guys with Eaton blowers pumping 15psi, but they have all faded into the shadows.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information