Close

Thread: 3.6 Pulley?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

3.6 Pulley?

i just emailed pulleyboys about getting a custom 3.6 pulley made :) stay tuned for a reply, hopefully they can make them for us methanol cooled guys :)

this is going to be interesting.

Anyway you can get intake temp readings after the SC?
    Actually... assuming you have a 3.8 currently on there, how about readings before and after the 3.6, and with and without meth.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerby View Post
    this is going to be interesting.

Anyway you can get intake temp readings after the SC?
    Actually... assuming you have a 3.8 currently on there, how about readings before and after the 3.6, and with and without meth.
    see thats what i dont know. people have drilled and tapped the manifold after the blower and put older honda 2 bolt IAT sensors or even the GM iat sensor because it is much more responsive, but i dunno if i want to drill the manifold ya know

You do realize that the 3.8" pulley itself will put your inlet temps up around the 220-230 degree range right? And that is within only 3-4 wide open runs. Your normal running temps are going to be rediculous. You will ALWAYS be heat soaked.

When I had mine tuned on the 4" pulley, after 20-25 pulls the inlet temps never topped over 180 degrees. When I came back a few weeks later for the 3.8" tune, it only took 4 pulls cold to hit 232 degrees. I would not try this, even the 3.8" pulley, without water/meth for tuning.

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    yea i duno about all this. The meth and 3.8 is good. but even meth with 3.6 might be pushing it. Are u gona be tuned to be sprayin meth all the time or just at a certain PSI?
    Last edited by sleepingblacksi; 11-17-2008 at 04:19 PM.

Moderator=>PM 4 Help MugenReplica's Avatar
    I sold him my old 3.7", so he's probably been running that for awhile now. There's definitely room for a 3.6" with proper cooling. Besides my old 3.7" was already dyno tested on a K20a2 by 02CivicSI-VTEC. He said it was the best pulley (power and torque wise) he had run up and until that point before he changed crank pulley's and swapped in a 3.2". He also did say that cooling was a must, so enter Methanol or aftercooling of some sort and with a little tuning he should be able to pull it off. After meeting, seeing his Ep3 and hanging out a little with 04EP3Hatch I don't think he's the type to stupidly run into situations without researching.
    Last edited by sekoh69; 11-09-2008 at 01:15 PM.

Thread Information