Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Turbo SI Dyno

ephatch member

Turbo SI Dyno

Saw the Dyno for Area 51's turbo SI. Was peaking at 205 hp at 5-6lbs. They said they were swaping out the exhaust wheel for a bigger one and could squeeze a little more power out of that same boost. This is all without lag and they say it runs like it's NA

Curious to see other companies (DRAG) start develpoing turbos for our cars

ephatch member
    205hp not too shabby:)

ephatch member
    why dont you do us all a favor and post the web site you saw this on if you saw it on the internet!

ssvr6
    205hp? That sucks IMO.

Steve

Whooopasss
    Swapping the exhaust wheel?? (Turbine) you mean the compressor side right?? 205 does suck.. I am hoping atleast 240 HP when I'm done.. what are they using? T3? or T3/T4? post the link..

im hoping for 250WHP!!! so i can whip some wrx's! and all the new cars that are going to come out.. we'll show them how to really turbo a car..

205 is nothing.....i 240-250 is more like it. whats the point of having low compression then? push some BOOST!

ephatch member
    this was a protoype setup. The goal was to have zero lag. Anyone can toss a bigger turbo on there and make shit loads of power. They has an awsome power curve with this setup... It drove like it was NA on steroids from what they were telling me. It wasn't a website, It was at the shop.

Whooopasss
    Originally posted by importhonda
    The goal was to have zero lag. Anyone can toss a bigger turbo on there and make shit loads of power. They has an awsome power curve with this setup... It drove like it was NA on steroids from what they were telling me.
    Looks like a T3.. you should have asked about the fuel managment and ignition timing.. what was the torque anyway??

ephatch member
    yeah... unfortunately they didnt have the SI there and when he brought up the dyno on his computer it didnt have a torque curve... I will see if I can stop by next time the civic is in and check it out... Just wanted to give you guys an idea of what they were doing... guess I just blue balled you :)

ssvr6
    this was a protoype setup. The goal was to have zero lag. Anyone can toss a bigger turbo on there and make shit loads of power. They has an awsome power curve with this setup... It drove like it was NA on steroids from what they were telling me. It wasn't a website, It was at the shop.
    The VW 1.8T makes more power than that with chip, intake exhaust on it's crappy K03 sport!

Toss a T3/4 on there with new injectors, fuel pump, and reprogrammed ECU, and it's making upper 200's to the wheels... easy.

I wouldn't invest in a turbo unless I was going to dyno at AT LEAST 225 to the wheels.

Steve

ephatch member
    yeah... unfortunately they didnt have the SI there and when he brought up the dyno on his computer it didnt have a torque curve... I will see if I can stop by next time the civic is in and check it out... Just wanted to give you guys an idea of what they were doing... guess I just blue balled you :)
    its all good dont worry about it

Whooopasss
    Yahh.. any info about a turbo 02 Si is good.. good job in "spying" for ephatch.com LOL

BTW.. 200 HP at the wheel is plenty.. (that's about 240 at the crank) that puts it in the S2000 range.. you dont even need 200 HP at the wheel to play with WRX's.. WRX are 165 HP at the wheel stock..

When you do go back there, ask about fuel managment and ignition controll.. I am more interested with how they are retarding ignition unber boost since I got the fuel managment worked out already.

200 whp is awesome, for 5 lbs of boost, double that and i don't doubt you be pusing close to 270 at the wheels, throw on a boost controler and you might as well put "Cobra killer" across the winsheild.

Stop being so bitchy also, the fella was just droping some info on an alpha test of a turbo for our cars, hks is talking 270,

JRSC is talking like 220 at the wheels which i think personaly is better because JRSC is all around less problems then a turbo would be and that's the way im probably going, JRSC and drop some cash on internals, same costs as a trubo, except i think the car overall would benifet more and better from a JRSC with cams and valve train then a turbo pushing 8lbs of boost al day long. (at least for the life of the engine IMPO).

car-less for now.... 2k2_nbp_egg's Avatar
    Originally posted by ssvr6

The VW 1.8T makes more power than that with chip, intake exhaust on it's crappy K03 sport!

Toss a T3/4 on there with new injectors, fuel pump, and reprogrammed ECU, and it's making upper 200's to the wheels... easy.

I wouldn't invest in a turbo unless I was going to dyno at AT LEAST 225 to the wheels.

Steve
    Hehe oh don't worry. I get the feeling that once everything for the K series gets figured and worked out that it's going to be a bigger hit than the b series. I don't care what blind ignorant B series owners say- i have yet to see such gains from a b series that a k series exhibits, especially w/ i/h/e.

My knowledge on boost isn't that great, but 205hp @ 5lbs is a pretty good developmental number to me. I'm curious as to what they did to the internals, because like someone else mentioned...MBC+more boost+a lil more breathing and im sure that a safe 250-270 whp is possible.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information