Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Turbo SI Dyno

ssvr6
    Originally posted by sniperSI

JRSC is talking like 220 at the wheels which i think personaly is better because JRSC is all around less problems then a turbo would be and that's the way im probably going, JRSC and drop some cash on internals, same costs as a trubo, except i think the car overall would benifet more and better from a JRSC with cams and valve train then a turbo pushing 8lbs of boost al day long. (at least for the life of the engine IMPO).
    Now this interests me. 220 at the wheels from a roots based blower? Very interesting indeed!

Steve

My bad, i meant 220 bhp, /; i suck

OG EP3'r
    I had 219/146 at 9ish psi on my JRSC B16...Now tell me the k series wont be able to match/beat that pound for pound.....Im pretty sure that whatever the b series did with boost,the k series will do BETTER.

ephatch member
    I will see what I can dig up when I go back there. I know he said that tuning of the ECU wasn't as hard as they thought... So....

220 bhp. What is bhp?

I need a turbo for my 96 hatch. my 2002 si wouldnt get it. i want the psssssssshh sound so wihen i drive by you at 120 mph all you hear is psssssssssssssshhhhh.... then my fart can muffler. ;)

(Bhp) Brake horsepower is a calculation where the engine horsepower is measured at the point of output

So bhp is the same as crank hp or whp? or different from both.

part right.

Bhp is @ the crank, WHP is @ the wheels.

ephatch member
    I'm curious as to what kind of parts they are using for the turbo. ssvr6:
    The GTI does put out pretty impressive numbers, I know since I was a previous owner, but you have to remember that the GTI had about .5 to 1 sec of lag before you could get usable HP/torque even when chipped(any chip: upsolute, GIAC, APR etc...). The way I see it is this: if you can get 205 whp out of a car w/ .5 sec - no lag @ 5-7lbs of boost you ARE doing something considering it takes about that to land 170-175 whp on a gti and chipped its up to it goes to 1.0 to 1.3 bar(thats 19.11 PSI to people that don't know that 1 bar=14.7 psi) and hits MAYBE 220hp if you're lucky.

All in all , anymore info you can provide on the kit would be great.

ssvr6
    I agree that there is some lag, but the K03 sports are just damn impressive. There's a guy running 12.2's with a 100 wet shot and some other mods and another local guy running 12.8's with a 40 wet shot. (I witnessed this.)

When I hear "turbo" I need to see a car in the mid to low 13's. That's all.

Steve

ephatch member
    And there's a guy on Clubsi that runs constant 10.2's with just a b18c and a turbo in his crx, he won't tell me anything else, but to me that pretty damn impressive without even a squeek of sneaky pete.

Edit: He's a local guy that races all the time at budds creek. I've witnessed these runs.

I would have to say 205hp is a very preliminary figure. I don't think I would have posted that number until more tuning is done. My old Civic w/B18C motor has 240hp with 8psi, 275 with 10.5psi. A K20A is capable of much more. Hondata is getting 216 NA from the ITR K20A!

That guy at MIR is Jason Hunt. His car is the fastest street FWD in the US. HE ran in the 9's this year. The motor is a fully built race engine putting out 500+ HP. You can't compare his motor to a 5psi EP his car runs something in the range of 20 to 30 PSI.

ephatch member
    Hmm did a search for any reference to HKS and found this thread...if HKS is saying they'll push 270(is that at the crank or at the wheels? 270 at the wheels would be SWEET HEHEHEHE murder the cobras) then I might as well wait for the HKS and save up until then.......HKS rocks so I don't doubt the kit...

*drool*

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information