Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Turbo SI Dyno

ephatch member
    By the way I'm not sure if having a super charger blowing all the time is any healthier versus a turbo setup for the engine....you can set a turbo setup so that the turbos only spool and kick in when full throttle position is detected(aka you floor it), much like some of those nitrous systems that spray when you floor it.

Originally posted by civic hatch boi
    im hoping for 250WHP!!! so i can whip some wrx's! and all the new cars that are going to come out.. we'll show them how to really turbo a car..
    I watched a Turbo'd '00 civic hit 266.6 WHP just today. DAYUM. So nice. Paxie, BMX87568887239324926, and Jay were there too, fun time! He was runnin 10lbs.

ephatch member
    205 does really suck...for the money they have put into that car...you can get the Type S engine send the computer to Hondata and get to 210 that way without doing a turbo or a supercharger. I am going the engine way, so I can stay in the 4 cyl n/a class..

Its a prototype......with our compression ratio - a well built turbo kit should give us a LOT of power gains....Probably good low end trq too.....

ephatch member
    220hp at the wheels is more like 260hp at the crank. I don't know why the K series would handel boost better than the B series except for the B series haveing higher compression. The B series has a much stouter block and bottom end. I wouldn't dare run a full bar on a stock A3 but I would definately do it on a B16.

Yeah but a3 has displacement.....and I dont know what u mean by bottom end....The a3 owns the b16 bottom end power wise if thats what u mean...Its too early, we dont even have cams out or anything......a3 is going to be a killer in a few years - just wait....its a si engine for christ sake....

ephatch member
    Bottom end= rotating assembly. Crank, Rods, Pistons. Oh yeah the B series block is WAY tougher too. Cast iron with a closed water jacket. he K series has an open deck design which is not as goo dfor high boost.

I was thinking about going Ep but after hearing those numbers..... I may just stick to my 00 1.8T. Even that with the smaller turbo (not even the k03sport) would whoop ass on a 205 hp EP.... and I havent started on discussing torque yet. I love Si's but it seems like you have to dump too much money to get little results... :(
    I would keep it Na as well and swap it instead of boosting and just have a reliable (yet fast) N/a car.

THREE WORDS

PRO TO TYPE

wait till real turbo's come out

All that shit about how the B engine series is better is a bunch of horse shit - K series (a3, a2) own B series....They will go down in history just like the B series did

So what they got weaker bottom end stock, you replace all that shit anyways if your running turbo...if your going to do high end boost like you say swampdick

DC5@EM2
    What you guys should do is if you are looking into turbo, go to cyber nation. They are doing turbo kits for both the RSX and RSX Type S. Since you guys have the same motor as the base RSX, it shouldnt be that hard to convert. Their address is Cyber Nation

ephatch member
    Hahahaha, those are the numbnutz who drive down the street full boost bouncing off the limiter....yeah I trust them.....

ephatch member
    205whp is great on 5lbs for our setup with a head swap and itr cams alone we should run in the 240- 250 range and 2.4 block and strong rotating assy. we'll have a bit more hp and tq to match and thats only on 5lbs 250+ hp&tq thats pretty mild 7-12lbs is attainable with a strong bottom end and 9500+rpm we'd be 300-350 easy

ephatch member
    Wow I must say you are one witty fellow there Dunrick. I think all posts should reflect the type of maturity that you obviously possess. (in case you can't tell I'm being sarcastic)

I'm not argueing with you that the K series aren't great. The B series just have an inherently stronger design because of the closed deck cast iron design. Argueing against that just goes to show you don't kow what the hell you are talking about.

Don't get me wrong there's nothing wrong with being ignorant, but you should attempt to learn instead of lashing out becasue you believe I was putting down the K series. When I purchase a turbo kit I will probably be running 6-8lbs and no more because I don't want to sleeve my block and replace my bottom end bits. I probably won't be able to afford to do that. I also never said anything about "doing high end boost". I said the B series is capable of running higher boost levels because of its construction and its better bottom end parts. What I said wasn't complicated or offensive I don't where I lost you....it was merely a factual statement. I'll say it again for you.

The B series are better prepared in stock trim to handle high boost because of their closed water jacket/cast Iron design and stronger internals.
    Last edited by swampdonkey; 03-10-2003 at 02:53 PM.

ephatch member
    i was not complaing at you just everyone that is dissapointed with 205 on 5lbs on our motor, otherwise i agree with you

ephatch member
    I agree with you. I think 205hp is pretty good when you consider that almost 70hp for a bolt on mod. I don't know why everybody is disapointed with it.

My rudeness was not directed towards you 2k2ep. :D

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information