Close

Race kit MAP relocator required?

Hi everyone!

I'm upgrading my Street kit to Race ( already have 4.0, 440cc, K-Pro) and wondered if the
    MAP relocator was required. Moss charges 113 bucks for it and if I can save the money, I will!

Thanks for any advise

Map relocator? Huh? Do you mean a replacement MAP?
    I just bought the GM 3 bar MAP. It certainly wasn't $100. It's a simple tap into the existing MAP wires. I'm sure you can even find a 4 bar MAP for less than $100. All it's for is extra tuning tables. No need to spend a shit load of money. Save that for tuning.

Christian

Not a new map.
    It's a bracket that comes with the Race kit from Moss motors that only the Race kit uses. It relocates by some small distance the position of the MAP sensor, to what ends I'm not sure. Moving it further away from the increased air flow would be my guess.

Taken from the Hondata website. http://www.hondata.com/tech_jrscinstall.html

If this is not done, the map sensor will only see atmospheric pressure and will run dangerously lean.
    So basically, the relocator allows the MAP to read pressure after it's been boosted.

Yes, it is required, simply put.

Yea it is definitely required for kpro to operate properly...but its a very easy fix. I made a bypass with some old fuel hose and a 3 dollar reducer nozzle from kragen. Dont buy the JR part its a waste of money. If you want ( i thought about it but never did it) you could also make a bracket for the MAP sensor but its not necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by eurosteez View Post
    Yea it is definitely required for kpro to operate properly...but its a very easy fix. I made a bypass with some old fuel hose and a 3 dollar reducer nozzle from kragen. Dont buy the JR part its a waste of money. If you want ( i thought about it but never did it) you could also make a bracket for the MAP sensor but its not necessary.
    Nice eurosteez!
    IF it's visible from the engine bay, would you be able to take a picture of your modification?

Or does anyone have a picture of what this MAP relocation bracket looks like?
    The instructions don't really show it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PRODIUS View Post
    Nice eurosteez!
    IF it's visible from the engine bay, would you be able to take a picture of your modification?

Or does anyone have a picture of what this MAP relocation bracket looks like?
    The instructions don't really show it.

Thanks
    check my ride page (link below in signature) theres some pics of the engine bay. i oringinally had the powercard too so once i updated to kpro i took the vacuum line from the powercard and rerouted it to the map sensor(with a reducer nozzle) if you look at my pic of the engine bay, the vacuum hose is white and you can see how it bypasses from the map sensor, around the battery, to the fuel hose that connects to the intake manifold. And its ghetto i know but the map sensor is just ziptied to the wireharness..lol. check my photos and let us know how it goes...maybe later today ill post a close-up pic

As you said, it's ghetto but it obviously works for you. Nice dyno numbers, especially with a shorty header. Gives me hope!

Thanks

good info guys i was wandering the same thing thanks..

required to run without map relocator:

1: 4 inches of vacuum hose the size of the nipple on the blower
    2: 2 zip ties
    3: hondabond

step 1: pull map sensor off throttle body, fill in the hole neatly with hondabond, ensure a good seal, run vacuum hose to map sensor, ziptie the end's. if you have rtv laying around that'll work fine, gasket rtv though. so if you have the rtv at home, the diy relocator is all in all... 65 cents lol

Thread Information