Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    great thread!
    Vote stickied!!!

this is i dont know how to say but WOW, I never know the type r went past the year 05'

GREAT THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    2. Theres also another european model known as a civic sport. It came with a K20A3 in it. It was pretty much a european version of a north american SI/SIR. Only majour difference between it and a type-r is that they have the word "sport" written on the side skirt, and they came with black coloured door handels and trunk latch handle.
    The european model you're reffering to is an EP2. I'm pretty sure EP2 is powered by a D16V1 and not a K engine. I believe the USDM/Canadian SiR were the only EP3's to receive the K20A3.
    Last edited by vicx52o; 09-25-2010 at 09:47 AM.

awesome write-up!!

the HFP installation instructions link for side-skirts needs to be fixed though.

There was a model of Civic sport that came with a K20A3 in it. I spend alot of time over at civictype-r.co.uk and type-r-owners.co.uk and ive seen a few of them. They might have been the 03-05 civic sports, or the 5door sports. That red EP though I posted a picture of is one that I personally took when I was in Finland and talked to the owner. He bought it as a 2003 Honda Civic Sport and showed me the K20A3 in it. He had told me that he purchased the car from Honda brand new. It looks like an EP3, not an EP2. EP2s come with the integrated front grill in the bumper, this one came with a separate grill like on the type-rs.

EDIT: Also, under the sidemarker there is a badge that says "I-VTEC", I thought this would be because it would have a D series, but it had a K20A3.
    Last edited by Jukka; 09-26-2010 at 09:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    2 quick things. 1. EY came as a optional colour in Canada aswell for the 02 year. There are at least 3 EY EPs in my area that are labeled as an SIR.
    2. Theres also another european model known as a civic sport. It came with a K20A3 in it. It was pretty much a european version of a north american SI/SIR. Only majour difference between it and a type-r is that they have the word "sport" written on the side skirt, and they came with black coloured door handels and trunk latch handle.
    [IMG]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff213/6GCCanada/bryansfinlandandswedenpics655.jpg[IMG]
    [IMG]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff213/6GCCanada/bryansfinlandandswedenpics656.jpg[IMG]
    This is an example of one, minus the sport stickers on the side. I talked to the owner when I was in finland and he said he just wanted it to look like a type-r.

EDIT: Also, an option in some countries (more so northern european/scandinavia) they had optional headlight sprayers (like on the 04/05's)
    Thanks for the heads up on the EY SiR. I totally forgot about 'sleepingblacksi;s' sexy EY mugen EP

Also, i know that there are different trim level EP3 available worldwide. I wanted to keep this thread strictly information on items related to the exterior options on the EP. The 'Sport' trim level is essentially a mix of the USDM and EDM ep3's.

Quote Originally Posted by yyi View Post
    great thread!
    Vote stickied!!!
    thanks for the love

Quote Originally Posted by ep3egg View Post
    awesome write-up!!

the HFP installation instructions link for side-skirts needs to be fixed though.
    Fixed! thanks for the heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by username011 View Post
    Some random facts and pics of the JDM EP3 type-r

It was the only EP3 to receive Championship White and the championship white type-r rims.

Im pretty sure it was given the K20A and it has helical LSD.

I think its been mentioned before, but the JDM Type-r also was the only one to recieve a full red interior.

[IMG]http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/2964/31338810002large.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/4025/898989.png[IMG]

No sidemarkers or turn signal on mirrors? I never noticed this on the JDM EP3..

[IMG]http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/485/dscf1324resized.jpg[IMG]
    ... Already had the info relevant to the EXTERIOR of the CTR. The interior and mechanical differences/comparison will be in another thread in the appropriate section when I have the time
    Last edited by usedep3; 09-29-2010 at 05:55 AM.
    Green Crew #7

Please donate and support EPHatch.com: Greenie Status, License Plate Frames, Banner & Small 'ephatch.com' Decals

Was your WTS/WTT/WTB closed? Please read the following: link 1 & link 2

Awesome thread and info! Thanks!

Uffff. Eso si es una buena informacion. Thank friend

Wow man great thread, so if I wanted to switch to the 04 depo projectors do I just follow the H4 to 9006 instructions? What about the turn signals?

Quote Originally Posted by chrismacmx View Post
    Uffff. Eso si es una buena informacion. Thank friend
    gracias

Quote Originally Posted by 02TWSI View Post
    Wow man great thread, so if I wanted to switch to the 04 depo projectors do I just follow the H4 to 9006 instructions? What about the turn signals?
    assuming you have an 02 ep3, yessir. you can easily make the harness for less than $40. for turn signals you can just order the 04/05 usdm turn signal bulb/socket/pigtail. just make sure the dealership doesnt screw you. iirc the price listed is for a pack of 5 sockets, 5 connectors or 10 pigtails. i wont promise u anything but i'll try to find you the oem honda p/n. also, you should be able to reuse your city lights, its a snug fit but mine worked with not modding and a lil but of effort.
    Green Crew #7

Please donate and support EPHatch.com: Greenie Status, License Plate Frames, Banner & Small 'ephatch.com' Decals

ty man!

w00t! my first stickie!
    Green Crew #7

Quote Originally Posted by usedep3 View Post
    w00t! my first stickie!

Quote Originally Posted by yyi View Post
    gracias!

edited the first post
    Green Crew #7

this is a great thread

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information