Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Belt Size??

Belt Size??

What size belt do i need to get if i go with the 3.6'' pulley and the 2.5" rsx Idler pulley?
    I have a 2002 civic si with the k20a3.

Please help me! Thank you very much

I am already aware of the heat issues, I'm running meth-injec just time for some more boost.
    Thanks.

62.2 inch, possibly even a 62" if you can find it.

Quote Originally Posted by vbpracer View Post
    62.2 inch, possibly even a 62" if you can find it.
    62 inch is what you need. there's one on a 8 ribs belt, you just need to cut 1 rib and your set. the only question is, where can you get 3.6 inch pulley?

the 3.6 is not produced sadly :( costs to much to make. personally if your on the 3.8 stick with a 61.5" i had a 62.2 and they both slipped bad, a goodyear and a gates belt. i dont think the belt wrapping around the pulley is as important as the psi it makes where it contacts the pulley

Do you think it would be safe to run the 3.4" pulley with meth-injec.
    Im running e85, and My motor has been built?
    I also have installed a larger radiator and mugen thermostat it opens at 60 degrees C instead of 82 degrees C.

How much Psi would that put me at! let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by 04EP3Hatch View Post
    the 3.6 is not produced sadly :( costs to much to make. personally if your on the 3.8 stick with a 61.5" i had a 62.2 and they both slipped bad, a goodyear and a gates belt. i dont think the belt wrapping around the pulley is as important as the psi it makes where it contacts the pulley
    61.5 inch belt wont fit on 3.8 inch pulley. it's too short. you need to get the 62.0 inch belt which you can only find in 8 ribs. you have to cut 1 rib and your set (this is what im using.

Quote Originally Posted by Jharobikesr2 View Post
    Do you think it would be safe to run the 3.4" pulley with meth-injec.
    Im running e85, and My motor has been built?
    I also have installed a larger radiator and mugen thermostat it opens at 60 degrees C instead of 82 degrees C.

How much Psi would that put me at! let me know.
    if you ran the 3.4 that may overspin the blower, but im not sure, there is a way to do a calculation but i sadly dont know it. wouldnt surprise me if it was around 15psi if not more lol if your running e85 then i'd suggest running a meth kit with 75% water and 25% meth, all the water will absorb the astronomical temps the blower will make at that speed.

Quote Originally Posted by speedking604 View Post
    61.5 inch belt wont fit on 3.8 inch pulley. it's too short. you need to get the 62.0 inch belt which you can only find in 8 ribs. you have to cut 1 rib and your set (this is what im using.
    i have a 61.5 on mine, and i have a lot of room left. i think it may even fit with my new crank pulley

Quote Originally Posted by 04EP3Hatch View Post
    if you ran the 3.4 that may overspin the blower, but im not sure, there is a way to do a calculation but i sadly dont know it. wouldnt surprise me if it was around 15psi if not more lol if your running e85 then i'd suggest running a meth kit with 75% water and 25% meth, all the water will absorb the astronomical temps the blower will make at that speed.

i have a 61.5 on mine, and i have a lot of room left. i think it may even fit with my new crank pulley
    i guess different brand makes different size? i tried 61.5 on mine and it didn't fit. now, i'm using 62.0 and it's perfect.

ephatch member
    3.4 will spin the charger apart. the max rpm for the Eaton blower is 14500 rpm's . that is if you are running a stock 6.3" crank pulley (whats your redline?). 3.6 should work with a 62.2" belt. i have a 3.7 pulley with a 62.2 belt 2.5 ten. pulley. yes its a gator back and no slip all the way to 8700.

My red-line is set at 10,200rpm

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyEP3 View Post
    3.4 will spin the charger apart. the max rpm for the Eaton blower is 14500 rpm's . that is if you are running a stock 6.3" crank pulley (whats your redline?). 3.6 should work with a 62.2" belt. i have a 3.7 pulley with a 62.2 belt 2.5 ten. pulley. yes its a gator back and no slip all the way to 8700.
    it will onlywork for certain time but you wont be able to use it to full potential. you will change your belt more often since you will run out of room for adjustment.

ephatch member
    there is a ton of adjustment left, so im not worried about that. 10,200 is high, what Crank pulley? here is a blower calc page to help you out http://willbelayforfood.com/RSX/RSXM...lowerspeed.htm set your parameters, and see what the end result is. 10200 on a stock A3 CP with a 3.6 will rip you blower to pieces.

ephatch member
    Wait a minute, i just read your other thread. why are you revving a k20a3 to 10,200 rpm? i hope its not a stock.

I didn't spend 6,400$ for nothinnn. :D

No its been built everything put in was rated up to 12,000rpm.

waittttttttttt a second, no way will it tear the blowers apart. there are guys on crsx running there's at over 15000 making 14-15psi and not having issues, and i've heard miata's rev to 20000rpms all on the eaton blower. being as we have the same blower as a cobalt ss, i dont see why chevy would fully warranty a GMPP stage 2 cobalt that goes to 18psi and who knows how many rpms

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information