Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Belt Size??

I just went ahead and ordered the 3.7" pulley to play it safe.... What size belt should i use with this pulley?

ephatch member
    62.2 will work, with 2.5 idler pulley. btw this is a flow chart of a M62chart is here, this why spinining that high is bit worth ti. and good you have a built motor. soon you will see the limitations of the JRSC. rotrex is the next step.

rotex? I heard those where a pain in the ass to install..

ephatch member
    not worst than puttin on a JRSC, considering the gains it will permit.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyEP3 View Post
    there is a ton of adjustment left, so im not worried about that. 10,200 is high, what Crank pulley? here is a blower calc page to help you out http://willbelayforfood.com/RSX/RSXM...lowerspeed.htm set your parameters, and see what the end result is. 10200 on a stock A3 CP with a 3.6 will rip you blower to pieces.
    what kind of pulley you have? if you have lots of adjustment, you probably using bigger than 3.7 pulley. i have 3.7 pulley and and k20a3 cp and mine goes all the way down after how many kilometers. the belt still got lots of tread and no room to adjust and this the reason i have to change the belt earlier than i should. now, im using 62 inch belt and i can run it till the tread is almost gone.

So With the 3.7" pulley, 2.5Inch RSX idler Pulley, and the stock A3 Crack pulley you need a 62"? or a 62.2" belt? I'm sorry I'm hearing so many different things!

Also do I need to Upgrade my Map sensor? Or will it be fine to read the 3.7" pulleys boost levels?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Jharobikesr2; 09-25-2010 at 10:25 AM.

ephatch member
    Quote Originally Posted by speedking604 View Post
    what kind of pulley you have? if you have lots of adjustment, you probably using bigger than 3.7 pulley. i have 3.7 pulley and and k20a3 cp and mine goes all the way down after how many kilometers. the belt still got lots of tread and no room to adjust and this the reason i have to change the belt earlier than i should. now, im using 62 inch belt and i can run it till the tread is almost gone.
    i have a 2.5 tensioner pulley. 62.2 in belt, 3.7 Pulley boys pulley. do i need to take pic's. sounds like your belt might be stretched.

ephatch member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jharobikesr2 View Post
    So With the 3.7" pulley, 2.5Inch RSX idler Pulley, and the stock A3 Crack pulley you need a 62"? or a 62.2" belt? I'm sorry I'm hearing so many different things!

Also do I need to Upgrade my Map sensor? Or will it be fine to read the 3.7" pulleys boost levels?

Thanks.
    62.2 or 62 will work either is fine. as far as the map, u might need to upgrade that. i was hittin 13.4 psi while getting it tuned. i have a 4 bar hondata map sensor. works great.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyEP3 View Post
    i have a 2.5 tensioner pulley. 62.2 in belt, 3.7 Pulley boys pulley. do i need to take pic's. sounds like your belt might be stretched.
    i know both belt work but you will run out of room to adjust ones the 62.2 inch belt stretched out. no, you dont need to take pict i know what im talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Jharobikesr2 View Post

Thanks.

trust me man, get the 62 inch belt! you will run out of room to adjust if you go with the 62.2 inch belt unless you wanna change your belt everytime.

What PSI would i be around with the 3.7" Pulley?

Anyone have recommendations on where to get quality belts?
    Last edited by Jharobikesr2; 09-26-2010 at 11:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by speedking604 View Post
    trust me man, get the 62 inch belt! you will run out of room to adjust if you go with the 62.2 inch belt unless you wanna change your belt everytime.
    How about a part # for said belt please?

Quote Originally Posted by neoamd View Post
    How about a part # for said belt please?
    i think it's 4080620.

Thanks! Just picked 2 of em up online, haha.

Here is link to places who have it, buy where its cheapest:

LINK

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information