Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post what are the potentials of this swap ..... semi built k24a4 with k24a2 head

im just waiting on my motor to come , im from the bahahamas and the guys thats doing the work has a shop in west plm beach FL thats doing the work should be finish this coming week.well first off its a k24a4 block with low compression forged pistons ,cometic gasket ,k24a2 port and polished head with 3angle job titanium valves and components and k20z3 cams,now im not a nooby at this shyt ,but i bought a brand new greddy kit before the build ,i kno ppl gonna say full race yadda yaddaa but its to late now , and we dont have that much ppl over here with ep's and I was selling the kit for half the price(NEW) , that didnt work so i figure that i will use it now my questions is with that motor set up i stated with like kpro for sure and 12-13 psi what numbers u think i cant shoot for or what if i got like a t3 t4 and mated it with the manifold and went with that , and also i will be doin fuel pump , fuel line return ,like 700ccs , and full 3inch all the way no cat either we dont have emissions tell me what u guys think as far as numbers and your positve /negative feeds ..........thnks

My estimate is 300-350whp and about 250-275tq with the greddy kit and that motor. Regardless, should be a fun setup!
    AkA EX FULL-RACE EP3

sounds gud , not bad and if i decided to switch to a bigger turbo say bout a t3 t4 cud i get close to that 400 mark with the greddy manny or it would bebest to change it

You can make a lot of power with that set up. I don't know if you got an Intercooler with that kit. But even with the greddy manifold, and a good intercooler. You should be able to make over 400whp easy. should be able to make 300whp on about 8psi if your have a decent turbo and proper cooling.

What compression are the pistons? and what kind of rods are you using? if you are staying with stock rods, they will be your breaking point. I wouldn't go to far over the 350whp mark on stock k24a4 rods.

the guy is using forged pistons and connecting rods i dont kno the compression ratio on em , but i have pics he emailed me of the head and block i dont know how to get them up here from my email inbox but i will find out what type compression are the pistons ,also what if I jus used the greddy turbo is 350 -375 or so achievable jus guesstimating .....i will try get up or post pics or u cud mayb help with that

the pistons are wiseco compression is 9:1 and k1 rods tryna get some pics up

sounds like a sweet build just post some pics

[some pics
    Attached Images Attached Images

here are some pics of his build

i will takes more pics when i get the motor in my hand and of the car also and what all progress has been made....thnks chiwhite si

ephatch member
    If I'm going to give one recommendation, toss emanage and get kpro.

emanage ,lol im ready to throw that in the garbage and havent use the emange,lol kpro is a plus and a must based on my research

Motor looks good. Good luck with the build!

Your motor setup looks solid. Don't expect to make 400whp on that turbo. You'll probably squeeze low to maybe mid 300whp on the Greddy turbo. The Full-Race upgrade for the Greddy kit will get you into the 400whp. http://www.full-race.com/catalog/pro...oducts_id=1921
    Just think, people can max out the Greddy turbo on a stock motor and be reliable. So I want to ask you, is it worth putting a built motor with the Greddy kit?

c the problem is trying to sell the kit is hard here dont have many ep3's in the bahamas , i only wanted 1800 for the whole setup and its all brand new never used , but now that u mentioned the turbo upgrade i think i think thats wat im goin to do if i cant sell the kit i will jus sell the turbo and put te rest for a bigger turbo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information