Close

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    It's been said that you guys have used the cam eccentric bolts for the front camber. Is it possible to use pillow ball mounts on the A-Spec kit?

Great thread guys, just installed a JDM ITR suspension with all this great info!
    Thanks EPHatch!

Pics?

Hey guys, sorry for my long term absence.. I haven't been on the forums in quite some time. I had to relocate all the old images on spare hard drives and upload them again. All the pictures should be up and running and good to go again, though.

Take care, EPHatchers.

I used some of the info to help me with my install of the A spec kit. So far I have only the front dampers on. That axle is a PAIN when it pops out! I'm waiting to do the rears next week after Thanksgiving. I'm looking forward to driving my car on decent suspension again.

Quote Originally Posted by 88fox05si View Post
    I used some of the info to help me with my install of the A spec kit. So far I have only the front dampers on. That axle is a PAIN when it pops out! I'm waiting to do the rears next week after Thanksgiving. I'm looking forward to driving my car on decent suspension again.
    You'll enjoy it. It's great performance wise, looks wise (add an inch drop), stiffer, but still comfortable. It will definitely pass the girlfriend test. It's also very reliable. OEM products are the way to go. Also, unlike adjustable coilovers, you won't have to worry about them being uneven or 'too low', so it won't put unnecessary stress on the shocks. Good to go.

Has anyone installed A-Spec and then changed out the springs to get a lil lower. I was thinking about throwing on some lowering springs to drop it a lil lower. What springs are good to use to get like another inch maybe inch and a half drop?

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Murphy View Post
    Has anyone installed A-Spec and then changed out the springs to get a lil lower. I was thinking about throwing on some lowering springs to drop it a lil lower. What springs are good to use to get like another inch maybe inch and a half drop?
    If you just installed them, give it some time.. They'll settle. I personally think a whole additional inch would be too much. It'll definitely compromise the longevity of your shocks as well because it will put a constant excess load upon them.. Just my opinion.

I feel the opposite of these guys complaining about the drop. I can't wait to have suspension travel. I just picked up a 2005 civic Si that is lowered on Rokkor coilovers. Fuck. That's all I can say. I planned on changing the suspension when I bought the car but it is laughable how horrible the car feels. Like I am afraid for my life doing 5 miles an hour just to move the car to work on it. The good news is I just ordered the 200A Aspec kit, DC5 tie rod ends, civic lower strut bushings ( if I need decide to use the existing EP3 suspension...) and ES bushing kit. I have Aluminum DC5R front control arms and am debating upgrading to DC5R rear suspension also. Are the bushings the same size for the DC5R rear suspension components? Meaning could I press the ES bushings into the DC5R suspension components? I'm almost 100% sure the front control arms will accept the ES bushings but I'm unsure about the rear. If they are compatible I am going to make the switch and pick up DC5R axels/sway bar also. Are DC5R and RSX-S wheel bearings the same size? I should probably replace them while I have it all apart. I'm looking forward to restoring this car, any help is appreciated.

Bumping for help.
    Last edited by Tsuru; 05-16-2009 at 10:57 AM. Reason: Better pics & info

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Murphy View Post
    I ran RSX-S eibach sportlines. Which are supposed to be pretty modest, but my car was way low. Ride went to shit after about a year or so when the shocks pooped out.

OK, thanks. I've only had them installed for about 13K miles. Maybe Eibach Pro Kit, they only drop an inch. Do you think they would work out good, if not I'm going to just go with a meatier tire. I currently run 215/45/17 40 offset. Can I fit 225/50/17's ?

Is it a good idea to go with the meatier tires? Will they fit?

I bought my A-Spec from CurryAcura and it says that they are for 2002-2006. I have heard that there are 2 kits. One from 2002-2003 and 2004-2006. Which one's are these?

order 200A, the 02-04 (200) has been discontinued.

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread Information