Close

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Not working.

okay been trying to dislodge the tie rod for over an hour. Using a rubber mallet like you suggested as a friend is turning the wheel.

THE TIE ROD WILL NOT GIVE!

Am I missing something here? (Pulling my hairs out).

Someone anyone please help.

im about to let a shop do this diy for me
    because i need new bushings all around also
    being a student and working i dont have too much time to mess around with the car myself

so...i don't HAVE to get new tie rods and all?
    i can reuse stock?

No, you do need them. They're bigger than the ep3 ones.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by iDom View Post
    No, you do need them. They're bigger than the ep3 ones.
    oh i see
    doubledouble confused me with the post about reusing tie rod ends
    i thought i ordered mine for no reason

i hope the shop doesnt have a problem with grinding down the rear ones a bit

i'm excited!
    ill post pictures of before and after when i get a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by NEO_FOLLOWER2 View Post
    oh i see
    doubledouble confused me with the post about reusing tie rod ends
    i thought i ordered mine for no reason

i hope the shop doesnt have a problem with grinding down the rear ones a bit

i'm excited!
    ill post pictures of before and after when i get a chance.
    I meant, not to damage the ep3 tie rod ends because they can either be reused (on ep3 specific suspension setups) or sold. Better than just tossing them in the trash.

Also, some people have mentioned that you can press out the bushing in the rear and have ep3 ones put in but, I don't know where you could get the bushings and where you would have to go to have that done. But, just thought i'd mention it.

Quote Originally Posted by iDom View Post
    I meant, not to damage the ep3 tie rod ends because they can either be reused (on ep3 specific suspension setups) or sold. Better than just tossing them in the trash.

Also, some people have mentioned that you can press out the bushing in the rear and have ep3 ones put in but, I don't know where you could get the bushings and where you would have to go to have that done. But, just thought i'd mention it.
    hm so the shop said that they didnt want to shave it down because of liability issues
    so i'd have to shave it down myself
    or change the bushing?

couldn't the installer just push out the bushings on my stock ep3 and put them into the aspec?

or does someone know where i can order them brand new?

i dont have the correct tools in order to shave them down myself -_-
    and i can't take it to another shop because they are also changing out other bushings and doing maintenance(tranny fluid alignment etc) for cheap because my dad is friend's with them just waiting on me to come drop the car off to do everything at once.
    Last edited by NEO_FOLLOWER2; 03-29-2011 at 09:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NEO_FOLLOWER2 View Post
    hm so the shop said that they didnt want to shave it down because of liability issues
    so i'd have to shave it down myself
    or change the bushing?

couldn't the installer just push out the bushings on my stock ep3 and put them into the aspec?

or does someone know where i can order them brand new?

i dont have the correct tools in order to shave them down myself -_-
    and i can't take it to another shop because they are also changing out other bushings and doing maintenance(tranny fluid alignment etc) for cheap because my dad is friend's with them just waiting on me to come drop the car off to do everything at once.
    I personally don't know where you could get the bushings and I don't recall stumbling upon any thread or any person who has actually pressed the RSX ones out and put in the EP3 ones. All threads I've found have suggested just griding them down. If you can see from the picture, the only tools we used was a grinder and some people stood around some wooden 2x4's to hold it in place. But, I suggest going slow because you can always more off, but you can't put more back on. I would use a caliper to measure the stock EP3 bushings and keep checking frequently as you grind away at the RSX struts until they match up pretty evenly.

ok so... take a look at this

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...SHOCK+ABSORBER

on majestic it lists the ep3 stock rear lower bushing as a seperate part...
    so if i order #7 i assume i can just get the shop to push out the rsx bushing and put in those?(part # listed: 52622-S5A-004)
    because theyre already replacing a crapload other bushings im sure they have correct tools to remove/replace bushings

only thing is i dont trust myself to know that that is the correct bushing i need to order lol

-_-

anyone confirm this for me?

also what is #14(trailing arm bolt) would it be necessary for me to buy that also

also just to confirm i have everything i need before i go back to the shop...
    you bought
    2x 53541-s7a-003
    2x 90301-s5a-003
    1x 94030-12280
    1x 94201-30220

??
    Last edited by NEO_FOLLOWER2; 04-01-2011 at 12:48 AM.

You don't need #14, the metal sleeve isn't any bigger or smaller so they fit right in.
    Yes, that picture with the part numbers is everything that you would need, minus the a-spec kit itself.
    Last edited by 05silversi; 01-11-2009 at 10:46 PM.

i'd really like to know if its possible just to swap bushings for the rear... since I have a press at my place this would be alot easier and a hell of alot more accurate lol

if anyone knows if the bushings can be changed for ep3 ones please let us know here!

Yes you can. People have suggested doing that but for a lot of people it's not an option.

ya i know its been suggested but has can anyone confirm that it does indeed work 100%?

我愛Ep3 - AreaCode 510
    what is the easist way to pop the axles back out? I guess my zip tie wasnt strong enough. Need help pop back in the axles since that all i need left to finish my suspension

Quote Originally Posted by blackcivic11 View Post
    ya i know its been suggested but has can anyone confirm that it does indeed work 100%?
    i'll be able to confirm it once i get everything in my the mail for my suspension and i take my car to the shop...

but since my es master bushing kit got put on backorder(2-3weeks extra wait time) it might take a month\

if honda sells the bushing for the ep seperately
    it means its removable and replaceable...i dont see how you'd have a hard time especially since you have a bushing press

DP420...did this thread really needa bump lol

Yes as NEO said, if they sell it separately, that means it can be replaced separately.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread Information