Close

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by iDom View Post
    Guys, my apologies. I will update the parts list. I bought mine from a dealership.

2x 90301-S5A-003 (These are the nuts that secure the tie rod placement and where you adjust the toe)
    2x 53541-S7A-003 (These are the tie rod ends, also, the ones used for the Honda Element are the exact same ones)
    1x 94201-30220 (These are the pins, there's many of them in 1 bag, all you need is one bag)
    1x 94030-12280 (These are the nuts that thread on to the tie rod end to hold them on to the strut, mine came as a pack of 2 so the item quantity I ordered was just 1)
    fyi if you're ordering from majestic
    they only include 1 pin and 1 nut(1 item per package, no multiples)
    so you'll need to specify the quantity as 2+

save yourself the ass kicking on shipping prices and order it right the first time lol

Quote Originally Posted by NEO_FOLLOWER2 View Post
    fyi if you're ordering from majestic
    they only include 1 pin and 1 nut(1 item per package, no multiples)
    so you'll need to specify the quantity as 2+

save yourself the ass kicking on shipping prices and order it right the first time lol
    Yes wherever you order from just pay attention to what you're doing. It will tell you the required quantity, and how many come per purchase, just make sure everything is appropriate. I ordered mine strait from the dealership, their inventory website is soooo much better than any other. But, I am lucky enough to be able to get these at cost.

Just trust me when I say this, don't stress this swap it really is strait forward. The only problems are rusty bolts, and shaving down the rears, that's it.
    Last edited by iDom; 04-19-2011 at 01:19 PM.

Updated and cleaned up the thread and added torque specs!

Updated and cleaned up the thread and added torque specs!
    shop quoted me way too much money to install the Energy suspension master kit...so im gonna be doing the whole isntall myself sometime soon...

so im installing
    es master bushing kit
    esmm
    aspec coilovers

hope it isnt going to be too time consuming...

btw what size are your rpf1? and tire...im gonna get some new wheels soon so just wondering so i can see my wheel gap

Quote Originally Posted by NEO_FOLLOWER2 View Post
    shop quoted me way too much money to install the Energy suspension master kit...so im gonna be doing the whole isntall myself sometime soon...

so im installing
    es master bushing kit
    esmm
    aspec coilovers

hope it isnt going to be too time consuming...

btw what size are your rpf1? and tire...im gonna get some new wheels soon so just wondering so i can see my wheel gap
    I don't want to burst your bubble but yes that's a lot of work to be done so it will probably take a good bit amount of time but it'll be worth it in the end. Depends on how weathered your vehicle is and how much of a pain some bolts are going to be to get off.. But..

16x8 +38
    225/50

:)
    Last edited by iDom; 04-20-2011 at 08:28 PM.

doing my install right now car is sitting in the garage...

so should i go get it in aligned to these specs?

front camber: -1.0 degrees
    front toe: 0.0 degrees
    front caster: stock
    rear camber: -0.5 degrees
    rear toe: 0.0 degrees

what is HFP//aspec alignment specs?

It depends what you want to do, really. For me, my ep3 is my only car so I have my alignment zeroed out. If you're just driving it daily and not autocrossing or anything like that I wouldn't go too crazy but yes 1 in the front and .5 in the rear would be pretty solid I would say.

It depends what you want to do, really. For me, my ep3 is my only car so I have my alignment zeroed out. If you're just driving it daily and not autocrossing or anything like that I wouldn't go too crazy but yes 1 in the front and .5 in the rear would be pretty solid I would say.
    you have it zero'd out as in zero camber?

im dding my car as well

hmm....

Yes, everything is zero.

ok I installed all the suspension, went ofr an alignment and they can't take away all the toe in....

they maxed out the tie rod ends and theres still toe in... I don't get it i used the same tie rods as in this thread. Is this possible?

Hmm.. I've never heard of that problem.. Mine was toe'd in pretty far when I drove it to get it aligned and they had no problem correcting it.

What was it when you took it there and what is it now after they did all that they could do?

我愛Ep3 - AreaCode 510
    I think you might want to go to different store to check your car. I think the shop you went to doesnt know what they are doing. All toe should be 0 cuz that all they can do unless you have camber kit.

We just need more info about that shop and what they did.

I brought the car and it was at +2.2 toe (crazy toe in)

He adjusted the tie rod end (spun it in to the rod end making the tie rod shorter (persay)

He said he couldn't adjust it any further caues there waas no more threads (reached th inside of the tie rod end)

leaving me with approximately +1 on toe

Correct me if i'm wrong, but screwing them in would shorten the overall tie rod length, which would cause the toe to go in, which is the problem, right?

I am not sure myself cause I took it to a friends work at a dealership and he of course did all the aligning.

Regardless, I would take it somewhere else and see if they tell you the same thing. Who knows if his machines are properly calibrated.
    Last edited by LLH; 01-22-2009 at 05:16 PM.

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread Information