Close

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by iDom View Post
    Correct me if i'm wrong, but screwing them in would shorten the overall tie rod length, which would cause the toe to go in, which is the problem, right?

I am not sure myself cause I took it to a friends work at a dealership and he of course did all the aligning.

Regardless, I would take it somewhere else and see if they tell you the same thing. Who knows if his machines are properly calibrated.
    actually if you shorten the tie rod end (it pulls the back of the wheel inwards (into the car) pushing the front out. So this is the right way to do it but i found this eally odd...

OK heres a question: when you installed the rsx tie rod ends, ddi you thread them all the way onto the tie rod till it couldn't be threaded on anymore?

Or did you only do 10 or 15 whole tunrs (i don't know if you understand what i mean lol)

If someone knows how to align a car... can they explain how to do it? Is there two adjustments? are both sides adjusted separately?

我愛Ep3 - AreaCode 510
    Quote Originally Posted by blackcivic11 View Post
    actually if you shorten the tie rod end (it pulls the back of the wheel inwards (into the car) pushing the front out. So this is the right way to do it but i found this eally odd...

OK heres a question: when you installed the rsx tie rod ends, ddi you thread them all the way onto the tie rod till it couldn't be threaded on anymore?

Or did you only do 10 or 15 whole tunrs (i don't know if you understand what i mean lol)

If someone knows how to align a car... can they explain how to do it? Is there two adjustments? are both sides adjusted separately?

I know the fact that both sides adjusted separately because basically the tie rod end is like a nut and the other nut inside is to tie the tie rod end and the nut together with the tie rod itself.

you adjust until you have alig then you use the inside nut to lock tight against the tie rod end to make sure the tie rod end doesnt move.

Correct me if im wrong.

yes hats what i thought but this guy didn't touch the drivers side.... he said he adjusted it (on the passenger side and it adjusts both)????

Yes that is how it works. I think that you should take it to another place and see what they tell you.

A-Spec is looking more and more convincing all the time. Seems like a decent upgrade without dishing out too much.

Quote Originally Posted by G-MaC! View Post
    A-Spec is looking more and more convincing all the time. Seems like a decent upgrade without dishing out too much.
    definitely is worth it...if you lower it past an inch you start messing with the suspension geometry so its a perfect drop i hear
    if its too high still for you, you can eventually upgrade shocks for a fairly cheap amt

Quote Originally Posted by NEO_FOLLOWER2 View Post
    definitely is worth it...if you lower it past an inch you start messing with the suspension geometry so its a perfect drop i hear
    if its too high still for you, you can eventually upgrade shocks for a fairly cheap amt
    That's what I'm thinking. I'm on Racelands right now but not really digging it, and I am maxed out on height and it is still too high. Driving a slammed car on the roads here just isn't practical. We don't have potholes, we have like damn sinkholes.

Quote Originally Posted by G-MaC! View Post
    That's what I'm thinking. I'm on Racelands right now but not really digging it, and I am maxed out on height and it is still too high. Driving a slammed car on the roads here just isn't practical. We don't have potholes, we have like damn sinkholes.
    if you're maxed on height on your racelands...just lower them? you should be able to adjust height until its perfect for your liking...then go an alignment after
    remember to let it set it in also they'll be a bit lower once they settle in

Maybe my post didn't quite make sense, my car is too low. And I can't raise it up anymore I'm actually at the top of the threads. The whole coilover is a lot smaller in general compared to stock.

I mean no offense, at all.. But with the racelands.. You get what you pay for. Some people love them for their cheap price, but something as important as suspension shouldn't really be cheaped out on. Things that matter anyway.. Things that don't really matter are replica side skirts and rear wings and stuff like that. Performance parts, don't go cheap.

Exactly!

update!

The tie rod ends are indeed maxed out... tends to be a common problem with the ep3's when going low... the tie rods are too long... solution = http://www.teamspirit.net/rsx/tierods.html

shorter tierods

Quote Originally Posted by blackcivic11 View Post
    update!

The tie rod ends are indeed maxed out... tends to be a common problem with the ep3's when going low... the tie rods are too long... solution = http://www.teamspirit.net/rsx/tierods.html

shorter tierods
    Wait, you put the A-Spec on, correct? It most definitely should not be too low.

Is the white mark on the top hat on the drivers side pointing away from the engine?

i guess this may be where most of the confusion is coming from.

I'm not running A-spec suspension, I have coilovers from an RSX, used your DIY to fit them on my ep3

so ya the car is pretty low lol

Ohhhh haha ok.

Well, raise the car up haha. Or, I think you can get a little bit more wiggle room if you put the tie rod ends in through the bottom upward instead of through the top. I believe there is a thread on here somewhere labeled something like "How to stop your racelands from clunking" or something like that? I don't know for sure, it's worth a look.

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread Information