Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Lucid... what compression you running? I'm still on the fence weither to run SC or TC.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerby View Post
    Lucid... what compression you running? I'm still on the fence weither to run SC or TC.
    I'm running 10.2:1 compression. Honestly I wish I were running higher. 11:1 or even 11.5:1 would be fine with the boost I can get from the blower on my setup, but at the time I bought the pistons I was in a time crunch and had limited options. I also chose to run lower compression than the max possible for safety's sake, knowing that I would be sacrificing some power potential.

Quote Originally Posted by 02CivicSI-VTEC View Post
    i will get it fully tuned after the new year and will get some videos up asap. The holiday is braking my wallet at the momment lol.
    and you just have a kid not long ago.

what's the benefit of me running a Low CP on SC Vs high CP?
    from what I've heard is that Low CP is good for Boost right? isn't the high cp make more power overall?
    and if i am running a higher CP i should be making more power then i am now right? Any one have their input about this?

Quote Originally Posted by 02CivicSI-VTEC View Post
    what's the benefit of me running a Low CP on SC Vs high CP?
    from what I've heard is that Low CP is good for Boost right? isn't the high cp make more power overall?
    and if i am running a higher CP i should be making more power then i am now right? Any one have their input about this?
    You have two issues here. One is the concept that you need low compression for a boosted application. That used to be true, but with modern engine management that is not necessarily the case. Without getting too technical (because I only marginally understand the issues myself) there is a window in which you can operate with compression and boost. The higher those two get, the narrower that window is. So as you increase boost you have to lessen compression. The Eaton M62 blower that is used in the Jackson Racing Supercharger is limited in how much boost it can supply on a Honda K series motor. So with that you can run fairly high compression.

it's a new year. got those numbers yet? =)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information