Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sticky clips

Quote Originally Posted by Distance View Post
    anyone know how many sticky clips we need for the jdm sides? also is it one size fits all? also do i need anything else to install the sides?
    lol this sucks.

anyone know how many sticky clips we need for the jdm sides? also is it one size fits all? also do i need anything else to install the sides?
    i beleive is 9 on he bottom along the rocker panel and 3 on top. so that's 24 total. i'm almost positive it's one size fits all. from he factory, the ctr sideskirts come with brackets that attach the bottom of the skirt to the pinch weld under the car. its up to u, a lot of people dont use these and its fine.
    Green Crew #7

Please donate and support EPHatch.com: Greenie Status, License Plate Frames, Banner & Small 'ephatch.com' Decals

Was your WTS/WTT/WTB closed? Please read the following: link 1 & link 2

Quote Originally Posted by usedep3 View Post
    i beleive is 9 on he bottom along the rocker panel and 3 on top. so that's 24 total. i'm almost positive it's one size fits all. from he factory, the ctr sideskirts come with brackets that attach the bottom of the skirt to the pinch weld under the car. its up to u, a lot of people dont use these and its fine.
    finally an answer. thanks bro. gonna buy them after christmas.

this is good to know

Quote Originally Posted by firmk20 View Post
    this is good to know
    yea its good. the clips has been holding up real well. daily it in random harsh weather and its been good.

I think its like 7 per side...you may want to use some extra 3m to pull them tight on the rear upper part...

You should also get the under clips, there are 2 pre drilled spots on the skirt and a 3rd optional location I suggest... you can get the screw in bolts, the clips and the pop in fasteners from japanparts.com, when I did my oem type r install I had them add them to the site...

I've had my type r skirts installed per honda oem install methods for 4 years now no problem

Also don't forget the screws on the front of the skirt
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

Quote Originally Posted by RedSiBaron View Post
    I think its like 7 per side...you may want to use some extra 3m to pull them tight on the rear upper part...

You should also get the under clips, there are 2 pre drilled spots on the skirt and a 3rd optional location I suggest... you can get the screw in bolts, the clips and the pop in fasteners from japanparts.com, when I did my oem type r install I had them add them to the site...

I've had my type r skirts installed per honda oem install methods for 4 years now no problem

Also don't forget the screws on the front of the skirt

i bought 24. its 12 each side i believe.

Better safe than sorry...I just waited until I had the skirts and counted the spots on the skirt that needed them...there's one spot on the skirt that uses a smaller pop in clip if you had holes in the body to clip the skirt in, that you need to account for otherwise you'll have a gap at the the leading edge of the rear section of the side skirt...if you don't adhere the skirt smoothly aftr you pull the backing on the clips, you'll have a gap even if you have an adhesion point on the "small clip" location...before you pull the backings practice the motion to put it in place properly...if you want it to stay for a prolonged period you have one chance to stick it...
    Last edited by MugsyTheGr8; 01-08-2009 at 08:46 AM.
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

And get the fucking underclip setup to support it please...do it up right, don't half ass it...it keeps the whole thing supported that's why they're there
    my ep is white...

lol yea. i have that stupid gap. shits soooo annoying. ill buy another set once they fall off. the other side we did perfect job.

lol yea. i have that stupid gap. shits soooo annoying. ill buy another set once they fall off. the other side we did perfect job.
    HHahaha I have a slight gap on the first side I did too...good luck they wont fall off for a while, unless you get lucky and it pops off in the first day, but thats rare and if you re stick it, it will permanently restick for a number of years...
    my ep is white...

how the hell do these sticky clips look like i honestly have no idea what you guys are talking about , Im hoping that you guys have a 02-03 cuz ive been trying to get some answers and all i hear is sticky clips, should i just opt out and go skirtless since it seems like a hassle and expensive @ 4bux X 24 clips. I have a 02 and just pick up a set of OEM 05 skirts and really want to install them but im having second thoughts now. Sorry im a NOOB just got the EP like 2 weeks ago . Any help would be great guys

Quote Originally Posted by eternal780 View Post
    how the hell do these sticky clips look like i honestly have no idea what you guys are talking about , Im hoping that you guys have a 02-03 cuz ive been trying to get some answers and all i hear is sticky clips, should i just opt out and go skirtless since it seems like a hassle and expensive @ 4bux X 24 clips. I have a 02 and just pick up a set of OEM 05 skirts and really want to install them but im having second thoughts now. Sorry im a NOOB just got the EP like 2 weeks ago . Any help would be great guys
    i have an 03. sticky clips are like the push in clips but instead of having the ends where u push in its just double sided tape. if you wanna do it correctly get the sticky clips or your sides will eventually fall off and you will drag them if you don't notice it.

i have an 03. sticky clips are like the push in clips but instead of having the ends where u push in its just double sided tape. if you wanna do it correctly get the sticky clips or your sides will eventually fall off and you will drag them if you don't notice it.
    k thanks i guess i will try that then , also what clips did you get for the underside support ?

Quote Originally Posted by eternal780 View Post
    k thanks i guess i will try that then , also what clips did you get for the underside support ?
    I'm only using the clips and the 2 screws in the front. Holding up fine. It been 7 months since I've had it on. Since your running oem sides I believe you only need 9.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information