Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Red face K24 "skeletor" Pulley Installed

Well guys i got around to putting my crank pulley on today, and holy shit was it bigger than the A3's!! i had to use a junk used dayco belt for now, but it's peaking around 10psi with some slippage so my guess is 11-12 or so once the bug is fixed. but there was one problem for people that want to do this on the A3, i ran into a problem i didnt realize until i first started it. there is a bolt on the timing cover than comes in contact with the new pulley, and i didnt know. i start the car and look under the hood and i see small sparks and i am dumbfounded, 2 seconds later the sparks go away and the smell of the coating burning off the pulley resides. it ground the head off about 1mm or so. so if any of you look to do this, take care of the problem before hand. anyway, the blower whines like a cobra now :)

Pics before and after install? Any specs on the pulley?
    ALL advice issued with this "Disclaimer"
    Tim "the Toolman" Taylor is my HERO ! ! !

"Labor Unions are Domestic Terrorist orgainizations"

video too!

Quote Originally Posted by talonXracer View Post
    Pics before and after install? Any specs on the pulley?
    i have a pic comparing the two pulley sizes between the A3 and the k24's and it is large lol my camera died so i couldnt get installed pics, but i will when i change out my belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Sucka View Post
    video too!
    i will sir :) dont worry

Where did you get the crank pulley?

What size blower pulley do you have on now?

I better get my ass in gear and finish the aftercooler on my car before your the fastest a3 supercharged.

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuck Civic View Post

I better get my ass in gear and finish the aftercooler on my car before your the fastest a3 supercharged.
    that kid that blew up his motor in the engine section did 276whp on a A3 JRSC. Hes the fastest JRSC a3 ive heard of. I think dano is aimin for the 265ish range. And good luck Dan, I want first crack when shes all nice and tuned
    Last edited by superchargedk20; 10-20-2010 at 10:55 PM.

Well I have Vtec killers,using the rsx charger/manifold plus an aftercooler so we shall see. I need a better header and bigger exhaust, I won't be able to dyno till next summer though.

Where did you get the crank pulley?
    directly from honda, i dont deal with those aftermarket shit boxes

3.8" pulleyboys sir!

Quote Originally Posted by superchargedk20 View Post
    that kid that blew up his motor in the engine section did 276whp on a A3 JRSC. Hes the fastest JRSC a3 ive heard of. I think dano is aimin for the 265ish range. And good luck Dan, I want first crack when shes all nice and tuned
    Well I have Vtec killers,using the rsx charger/manifold plus an aftercooler so we shall see. I need a better header and bigger exhaust, I won't be able to dyno till next summer though.
    thanks dave! and dont worry you will be :) and damn canuck, aftercooled AND Vteckiller? thats gonna be teetering around 290whp if i had to guess

Just in case anyone is curious the Honda part # is 13810-R40-A01, and the pulley is 6.37" diameter measured "across the tops of the V's" according to Scuffers on CRSX.

I had this one put on my motor the last time I had to have it rebuilt. With it I went from a 3.2" blower pulley to a 3.4" blower pulley but keep the same pulley ratio. (I'm on a built K24 frank btw) That way I get less belt slip.
    Last edited by blkep3man; 11-18-2008 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucid Moments View Post
    Just in case anyone is curious the Honda part # is 13810-R40-A01, and the pulley is 6.37" diameter measured "across the tops of the V's" according to Scuffers on CRSX.

I had this one put on my motor the last time I had to have it rebuilt. With it I went from a 3.2" blower pulley to a 3.4" blower pulley but keep the same pulley ratio. (I'm on a built K24 frank btw) That way I get less belt slip.
    see thats a good idea, but im having a problem, i switched today to a K070622 Gates Micro-V AT belt. and im getting slippage around 6700-7700rpms. i thought this would have been diminished due to the fact i now have more surface area on the crank pulley, which it is slipping on, and i beleive it's the coating on the pulley not letting the belt grip. did you have any issues at first? i put maybe 40 miles on the belt so far, and how tight do you keep yours?

Quote Originally Posted by 04EP3Hatch View Post
    directly from honda, i dont deal with those aftermarket shit boxes
    Excuse me? The best crank pulley is ONLY available thru the aftermarket, hands down far superior to anything Honda has put on a stock engine. You can go clear out to 7.5" with a ATI crank pulley/damper.

I had a kid ask me to sandblast his crank and blower pulley, he was thinking this may help with belt slippage, i have not heard back so it may have helped, what do you guys think?
    Last edited by talonXracer; 10-22-2010 at 06:20 AM.

There is a spacer supposed to go behind the k24z CP, but i thought it was to take place of the crank trigger not used on the k24z. I wonder if it is to help space the new CP out as well... as in maybe its thicker than the crank trigger to help with bolt clearance of the block?

Quote Originally Posted by 04EP3Hatch View Post
    see thats a good idea, but im having a problem, i switched today to a K070622 Gates Micro-V AT belt. and im getting slippage around 6700-7700rpms. i thought this would have been diminished due to the fact i now have more surface area on the crank pulley, which it is slipping on, and i beleive it's the coating on the pulley not letting the belt grip. did you have any issues at first? i put maybe 40 miles on the belt so far, and how tight do you keep yours?
    Get an auto tensioner, it really did wonders on my setup not to mention way better belt coverage on the S/C pulley then before.

*Yes I know its a bit dirty.. thats what NAPA Belt Dressing does - never will I use that shit again.**

Last edited by catlin; 11-18-2008 at 06:54 PM.

Excuse me? The best crank pulley is ONLY available thru the aftermarket, hands down far superior to anything Honda has put on a stock engine. You can go clear out to 7.5" with a ATI crank pulley/damper.

I had a kid ask me to sandblast his crank and blower pulley, he was thinking this may help with belt slippage, i have not heard back so it may have helped, what do you guys think?
    oh no no i mean like aluminum aftermarket ones, i'd love to have a fluidamper or an API pulley for sure. i might try the sandblasting trick though for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Ba82Ep3 View Post
    There is a spacer supposed to go behind the k24z CP, but i thought it was to take place of the crank trigger not used on the k24z. I wonder if it is to help space the new CP out as well... as in maybe its thicker than the crank trigger to help with bolt clearance of the block?
    hmm that very well could be, but i have no misalignment problems at all.

Quote Originally Posted by neoamd View Post
    Get an auto tensioner, it really did wonders on my setup not to mention way better belt coverage on the S/C pulley then before.

*Yes I know its a bit dirty.. thats what NAPA Belt Dressing does - never will I use that shit again.**

i might go this route too, what belt did you use? and Jermcado supplied you the tensioner?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information