Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Correct I bought the tensioner from Jmercado. If you have the OEM one he can modify it for about $40.

I used a Goodyear Gatorback 4080620. Its a 62 inch 8 rib belt. You have to cut a rib off which isn't that difficult and now I have much more belt to s/c pulley contact than before. If I can run the RSX manifold + an aftercooler without too much hacking that would great as well.

Quote Originally Posted by neoamd View Post
    Correct I bought the tensioner from Jmercado. If you have the OEM one he can modify it for about $40.

I used a Goodyear Gatorback 4080620. Its a 62 inch 8 rib belt. You have to cut a rib off which isn't that difficult and now I have much more belt to s/c pulley contact than before. If I can run the RSX manifold + an aftercooler without too much hacking that would great as well.
    alright good, i gotta get one then lol quick question though, where the belt goes between the blower pulley and the alternator, how tight is that belt section for you with the auto tensioner? i have about 1/4" of play in and out with the manual tensioner, the belt hasnt fully broken in yet either, just wondering how much more tight yours is

If you want more choices with belt size, look at the 10 rib belts. With this swap im working on i found 1/4" increments in a 2" range of my belt length. Go to the belt section on the Goodyear webbie and there is a part# listing of all Gatorback belts with length and width.

I personally love Gatorback belts... but some will say otherwise. The point is being able to find a belt that fits with the autotensioner that allows proper adjustment.

Quote Originally Posted by Ba82Ep3 View Post
    If you want more choices with belt size, look at the 10 rib belts. With this swap im working on i found 1/4" increments in a 2" range of my belt length. Go to the belt section on the Goodyear webbie and there is a part# listing of all Gatorback belts with length and width.

I personally love Gatorback belts... but some will say otherwise. The point is being able to find a belt that fits with the autotensioner that allows proper adjustment.
    do you run the modified auto tensioner setup?

Quote Originally Posted by 04EP3Hatch View Post
    alright good, i gotta get one then lol quick question though, where the belt goes between the blower pulley and the alternator, how tight is that belt section for you with the auto tensioner? i have about 1/4" of play in and out with the manual tensioner, the belt hasnt fully broken in yet either, just wondering how much more tight yours is
    If you go with the auto tensioner setup you will be fine. Just grab the 62 inch belt. I bet the 62 inch belt would solve the issues your having now.

Quote Originally Posted by 04EP3Hatch View Post
    do you run the modified auto tensioner setup?
    Nope i sold my charger and EP. My k24 swap is goin into an EJ1. My friend that bought my charger uses the auto tensioner on this k20a R swap, and has NO problems with it.

Yeah I think I was one of the first on here to hack up an oem tensioner. 04ep3hatch are you running an aftermarket map yet? Damn I need to put this pulley on I've had it for a while now

Moderator=>PM 4 Help MugenReplica's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by K20A EP3 View Post
    Yeah I think I was one of the first on here to hack up an oem tensioner. 04ep3hatch are you running an aftermarket map yet? Damn I need to put this pulley on I've had it for a while now
    Nope, there was another guy here who was rocking a RSX JRSC manifold and blower back in 2005 with a hacked up OEM tensioner. I've also have had one on for a couple of years now.

Quote Originally Posted by K20A EP3 View Post
    naaa im still on my tune for just the 3.8. but so far so good, only a few flashes of knock (maybe 3-4) at lower rpms full throttle, up top is pretty clean, my boost gauge is showing me just aboove 10psi but when i plug the laptop in ill find out

Quote Originally Posted by MugenReplica View Post
    Nope, there was another guy here who was rocking a RSX JRSC manifold and blower back in 2005 with a hacked up OEM tensioner. I've also have had one on for a couple of years now.
    oh you have the auto tensioner too? i want to try it but im afraid it doesnt hold the belt tight enough

I need that crank pulley =X

I'm trying not to lose in the power race to you, hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by neoamd View Post
    I need that crank pulley =X

I'm trying not to lose in the power race to you, hahaha
    haha it should be good! i'd like to have the highest hp jrsc A3 but if someone beats my numbers i'd like to know the setup so i can improve mine ya know?

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    that kid in the engine section made 276whp on a a3 JRSC. u got competition

Quote Originally Posted by superchargedk20 View Post
    that kid in the engine section made 276whp on a a3 JRSC. u got competition
    yea i know but he was built. idk how A fully built engine only puts that. revving to 10 grand like he was on the 4.0 is overspinning the blower badly

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    agreed. but it was still an a3 hahah. so technically hes number 1 untill u beat it lol

i know, my car topped out at 140mph this morning... i need nos

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information