Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Turbo question Quest for 315whp?

just wondering on what to do and what would be best for power gain's, QUEST FOR 315WHP useing the emusa turbo kit with kpro

k20a3 stage2 crower cam's and rbc manifold?

or

try to do the vtec killer set up with rbc manifold?
    dont know alote just started lookin at the vteckiller setups tonight

any thought's?

i think either one will be ok. the real question is will the bottom end handle it?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by heyvortek View Post
    i think either one will be ok. the real question is will the bottom end handle it?!?!
    yea, i see alote of ppl say not to go over 300 but would the extra 15hp be that bad really? never boost a a3 so beats me, also motor only has 43k miles and i only drive it maybe 5mile a week

interesting thread i am also trying to go for 310 ish hp building a turbo kit my self so far i got a sidewinder mani and hopeing to buy the rest by spring

I have read on here, by several VERY knowledgeable members, NOT to go over 300hp, like you said. I know it may be "easy" to throw on a turbo kit and have more hp, but how long will your motor last? It's worth a little peice of mind to upgrade your rods, at the LEAST. Aftermarket rods are CRAZY expensive for our cars, so I would probably look at k20A2 rods. They are definately stronger than the A3 rods. Sure, it will cost money to have them put in, unless you know how to do it yourself. And sure, your motor has low miles, which is awesome. But low miles aint gonna help you keep a rod from snapping from being under WAY too much pressure.
    As far as "vtec killer" set ups, please someone correct me if Im wrong, but to my knowledge, it seems like this would put your added stress on the parts in your head. Sure, it will make more hp. But on oem parts? I would say that would be pushing it.
    You can make 300hp on an EMUSA kit all day long, from what I hear. I would probably spend more money on making that kit more reliable than stuff like a vtec killer set up?
    Just my $.02

I don't know where this misconception started, but it absolutely is possible to go over 300whp on an A3 reliably with the right turbo kit. I know because I have been doing it on a bone stock A3 for years now making 322whp.

I think internet blowhards just read things people pull out of their asses and regurgitate it as fact.

Quote Originally Posted by gtolio View Post
    I don't know where this misconception started, but it absolutely is possible to go over 300whp on an A3 reliably with the right turbo kit. I know because I have been doing it on a bone stock A3 for years now making 322whp.

I think internet blowhards just read things people pull out of their asses and regurgitate it as fact.

The fact is back in the day when people were pushing the a3 to see how much it could take 300-400 hp just wondering if it could be done most came back with blown motors and years after people saying "oh maybe there just full of it" most came back with blown motors. That is how the word spread around here, not to mention if you compaire the a3 to nearly any other k series bottom end you understand why.

Quote Originally Posted by gtolio View Post

what engine mod's do/did have in your setup?

Quote Originally Posted by makavelibranded View Post
    The fact is back in the day when people were pushing the a3 to see how much it could take 300-400 hp just wondering if it could be done most came back with blown motors and years after people saying "oh maybe there just full of it" most came back with blown motors. That is how the word spread around here, not to mention if you compaire the a3 to nearly any other k series bottom end you understand why.
    I'm not saying those motors aren't better, I'm just saying it can take 300+whp all day long.

Quote Originally Posted by 1fasthb View Post
    what engine mod's do/did have in your setup?
    Nothing, zero, it's completely bone stock. Cybernation kit with a 60-1 Turbonetics at around 9lbs.

im sure u can run 300+ on an a3 block. as long as you dont drive like an idiot and maintain it well.

the real question is will the bottom end handle it?!?!
    im sure u can run 300+ on an a3 block. as long as you dont drive like an idiot and maintain it well.

shit im shooting for 330 if not more and i plan on beating the hell out of it haha i maintain the shit out of it though 0:)

i say, scrap the a3 and go a2 or k24.

my tuner has tuned a k20a3 turbo to 380, and its been there for the last two years, im shooting for 340

Registered User gtimportfanatic's Avatar
    ugh.. u fucker .. i swear im gonna boost again

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information