Close

huge vacuum leak after jrsc install

aight i just recently installed the jrsc on my ep3.. and it runs good pulls hard but when i let off gas from switching gears while driving normal the rpms hang there instead of dropping.. also at a stop light my car idles high about 2000 then comes down to 1200 bounces back up to 15 1600 for a secound then come down to idle normal.. i checked all lines and everything is good...

i did reuse the intake gasket could that be the problem????

Could be the gasket, you could always spray any aerosol brake clean/parts clean/etc around the intake manifold gasket and see if that drops the idle. You sure its not a problem with the tune? If it were really bad you'd be able to hear it, the leak that is.
    AkA EX FULL-RACE EP3

the tune i would think would be alright i am using the powercard.. i know i need k-pro but i have talked to moss and im only running 5 lbs so i think the powercard would be good for 5 lbs..

Sounds like a IACV problem.

Did you check the supercharger bolts to head, mainly the bottom ones. Also check the bolts on the sc to manifold and tb bolts.^^ Iacv could also be a problem after you check the bolts clean it. Img is probably fine the tb gasket could have gone to crap, it's paper-ish.

I bet you anything its the inferior bolt on the manifold that isn't secured all the way, hard to get too, I'd start there.

With the idle is going up to 1500 or so and then dropping down to correct I highly doubt is a vacuum issue, a vacuum issue would continually cycle from 1000 to 2500 or so, it doesnt settle down.

With Kpro there is a simple adjustment for that, the idle duty cycle slider.
    Last edited by talonXracer; 10-24-2010 at 05:49 AM.
    ALL advice issued with this "Disclaimer"
    Tim "the Toolman" Taylor is my HERO ! ! !

"Labor Unions are Domestic Terrorist orgainizations"

Make sure to check your injectors at the manifold. I had a hard time getting the O-rings to seal into the JRSC manifold. I am leaning towards Talons explanation though. A vacuum leak would have a consistent up and down rev between standard idle and ~2500 RPM.

did this start the first time you ran the engine after the install or did it creep up a little later?
    Ed~

Thread Information