Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

falken 512 tires

i plan on getn some of these but im particular about the shape of the tire on my rims i like tires with the rim protector on it i was wondering if anyone has some pics of differant angles with these tires 215 45 17

i had the 615's in the same size and there was plenty of meat hangin outside the rim lips.

ive been seeing some bad review with these tires.i also drive aggressively on backroads. im also looking at the nitto neogens i need something with a sidewall stiff enough to not buckle.
    Last edited by DRP967; 11-18-2008 at 10:28 PM.

i just got the falken 912's, okay wet traction with good dry traction

Quote Originally Posted by black05ep View Post
    ive been seeing some bad review with these tires.i also drive aggressively on backroads. im also looking at the nitto neogens i need something with a sidewall stiff enough to not buckle.
    Yes, the 512's are crap. people get them because they naturally come with that "stretch" look as they run smaller than most tires.

215/45-17 tires for perfromance go Hankook v12's.. for a nice semi-aggressive dd try the Yokohama S-drives or the BFGoodrich G-Force Sports. both handle well and last a good long time (relative to other tires in that size) for Serious perfromance both wet/dry, Star Specs yo!

i had 512's. i hated the way they looked. stupid streteched crap. i didn't keep them very long. sure they perform better than OEM michelins, but that can be said about almost any performance tire.

Quote Originally Posted by ghil1984 View Post
    any knows whos selling a cheap legal intake for my 2004 civic si ep3? hit me up if you do thanks...
    wrong thread......BRO!

any knows whos selling a cheap legal intake for my 2004 civic si ep3? hit me up if you do thanks...
    haha

or maybe any1 knows whos selling a stock intake for my ep3? cause that god damn smog wont pass it i got a fujita short ram intake ill trade it if any1 has??
    dude dont post here for that you dont have post to trade or sell. sounds like a you problem

I use to have them on my ep.I absolutely hate them.They suck in the rain and wear out quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by DrZfInEsT View Post
    I use to have them on my ep.I absolutely hate them.They suck in the rain and wear out quickly.
    Ive hydroplained several times on those tires too, and wasint doing more then 40,.. anything as far as turning in the rain is terrible just a simple turn and I could slide for no reason.

Those Falcons are absolutly crap tires ill never buy a thing from them again,.. get the bf goodrich gforce kdw II's,.. at autocross I couldint get them to spin on full throttle in the rain for the life of me and im boosted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uf8Q17sYuPw
    Start the vid at 3:20 I am truelly satisfied with these tires

I wouldint get s drives,.. I researched plenty enough, they handle amazing in the rain but are inconsistant in dry performance they like to roll on hard turns, they last a long time and all but not worth it.

The dunlop starspecs are getting #1 reviews right now, they have a short life so if if you can afford them and to get them replaced maby every 20k go for it, they also have great wet weather traction.
    Last edited by makavelibranded; 10-23-2010 at 09:15 PM.

thanks for the help. im just trying to find a good set of tires for about 90 dollars a piece. i want the starspecs or kdws but theyre out of my price range right now. and i like the semi stretched look anyone have anything bad to say about the neogens?

tirerack has the gforce sports on sale for 94 a tire. print out the page and go to your local americas tire co and have them price match.

thats what i did. im impressed with these tires.

what about the falken 912's... Any opinions?

I had the 512 and now have the 912, don't have any problems with them they have been good daily driver tires. I do go out into the mountains and push it as well. and on the wet I don't slide around. I think the rim edge was bigger on the 512's vs the 912's. My tires are size 18. Some of the falkens are made in japan and some are made elsewhere.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information