Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Wrapping you car!!!!!

Check out this guy! I'm thinking about doing this, but scared it going to take too much time.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=376442

That's pretty cool, but isn't there a bunch of adhesive left on the paint after you remove the vinyl?

saw this on autoblog or jalopnik today, cant remember which...

i love vinyl wrap, its the future...

i dont remember what the residue is like but im sure there is an easy paint safe solution...

and to the OP...it will take time, but it will take a hell of a lot less time than a paint job...if there were pre cut pieces it would probably only take you 3 hrs...the way i look at it you pretty much lay up the vinyl, cut it on the outside of all the door cuts, etc then push them into the partlines...to me its something id imagine only taking a day or something...its atleast cheap as hell
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

it looks cool... i would do it if i was planing on painting my car to try out the color before i do it...i know alot of people who get sick of the color they just painted thier car... either way if i had the time i would prbably do it...

Wow thats pretty cool. I wouldnt mind doing that but I would want to know what it would be like when it comes off. This would take less time than actually painting the car but it would take alot of patience and precise cutting.
    Last edited by El Mocha King; 09-29-2008 at 05:48 PM. Reason: fail

that looks cool

But did you read how long the vinyl lasts? The kind he used only lasts 4 years. That will fly by quicker than you know. Im interested to see wat the car would look like even 2 years from now. Im not so big on vinyl but of course i work in the paint industry and sale paint that will outlast the motor in your car so I am a little biased lol. I gotta say though that in the long run if you didnt mind doing the work every few years that the vinyl would be cheaper. You have to figure a good paint job materials and all will cost you at least $2000. That is for a good paint job with good materials from a reputable shop. Depending on wat color you want as well cause that changes the price. He spent $127 for basically about 4 years. You do the math ;)
    Last edited by mik2; 09-29-2008 at 07:43 PM.

I like that! I may just try that in the matte black. It is just another paint protectant system....not a paint replcement(still need the paint underneath)
    ALL advice issued with this "Disclaimer"
    Tim "the Toolman" Taylor is my HERO ! ! !

"Labor Unions are Domestic Terrorist orgainizations"

sick! came out looking proper too.

there's a flat green 911 near me that until I saw it up close I thought was paint -- it was actually vinyl lol

The other nice thing about this is that it would be much easier to fix than paint is. In particular for those of us that track our cars because the racetrack is a brutal place for paint. (and quarterpanels)

my buddy wrapped his hood in matte black. i wana do the center section of my hood, mugen grille, roof and mugen spoiler.

Ya I would like to wrap my roof matte black.

the roof would be very easy. probably the easiest piece of the car aside from the hood. only thing you have to worry about is the sun roof!

Quote Originally Posted by johnkimble View Post
    the roof would be very easy. probably the easiest piece of the car aside from the hood. only thing you have to worry about is the sun roof!
    slide the sunroof back, then cut the vinyl to the sunroof opening with enough to roll under the lip is how id do it
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

One cool duck, with a hat Heitzke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by johnkimble View Post
    That and the antenna base. I've always kind of wondered how that worked.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information